February 2011 Moms

night time

when do you put lo to bed? do you feed lo once they are asleep?

dd is going to bed between 7 and 8 and sleeps until 6am. i don't know if i should sleep-feed her. share your routine. tia!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: night time

• Bella goes up to bed around 8p. She does bath, pjs and into sleep sack, then bottle. She usually finishes off her 6 ounces, sometimes a little bit less. Sometimes she's still awake but drowsy, other times she's knocked out. She usually sleeps until at least 730a. Sometimes as late as 8 or 8:15a :)
    Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think you should change anything.  Sounds like you have it good.  My DD goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm.  She usually sleeps straight till 6 or 6:30, but sometimes wakes up once to nurse. 
  • Loading the player...
  • bmp84bmp84 member
    Bath/bottle/PJs and asleep in the swing by 9ish. Between 11 or 12, she wakes up or I wake her up to change her diaper, give her meds, and another bottle before swaddling her and putting her in the bassinet sleepy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesarag0116:
    I don't think you should change anything.  Sounds like you have it good.  My DD goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm.  She usually sleeps straight till 6 or 6:30, but sometimes wakes up once to nurse. 

Exact same thing, although sometimes DD will go to bed at 6:30p.

• imagesarag0116:
    I don't think you should change anything.  Sounds like you have it good.  My DD goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm.  She usually sleeps straight till 6 or 6:30, but sometimes wakes up once to nurse. 

Exact same thing, although sometimes DD will go to bed at 6:30p.

• 8pm is bedtime and we start with a bath. By the time DS is down and has had his last bottle for the night it is about 9pm. He will sleep until 5-6am, 7am if we are lucky. He has another bottle when he wakes up and we put him back to bed until anywhere between 8-10am.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If she is STTN I wouldn't mess with your routine.

We do bath at 7 to start our routine, breastfeed, and into the crib.  She is not STTN and wakes up 3 times throughout to feed.

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Gosh, your sleep sounds like heaven! lol

We put DD down around 7:30-8:30 depending on when exactly she gets tired.  She's up by herself to feed around 2-3 am then again at 5:30.  up for good at 7 am.  Some nights she'd go from 7:30-5:30 without waking for food (loved it!!!) but those nights are rare and she can't do that with her night gas :-{

I say let the little love sleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • A has his last bottle between 10 and 11 and goes to bed directly after. He'll sleep until 6 or 7, then have one more bottle and sleep until 10 or 11.

Our routine is: change diaper, change PJs, bottle, burp, into RNP (I strap him in and tuck a blanket around his feet), and I turn on his music. He's usually out within about 10 min.

I wouldn't sleep feed her if she's sleeping that long. I'd love A to go 10+ hours at night!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd say don't mess with what works!  If he's not waking to eat, he doesn't need to eat overnight.

A goes to sleep around 7:30.  We've been putting her to sleep in her crib for the past week (we had been bed-sharing), so it's been a little rough.  But she usually goes down around 7:30, wakes an hour later, but goes back to sleep with a little soothing.  Then sleeps about a 4 hour stretch, wakes to eat, sleeps another 3 hours, wakes to eat, sleeps 2, wakes for the day. Needless to say, I'd love to have your routine.  I haven't slept longer than 4 hours straight since she was born.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DD usually goes to bed between 7 & 8 - we watch for sleep signs and then start our very short nighttime routine (change diaper, into sleep sack, rock & sing a couple songs then into RnP)  Sometimes she also nurses to sleep.  She wakes up usually around 3-4 am for a night feeding then up at 7-8 am for good. 

I say - no need to sleep feed unless you are having some issues with weight gain.  But if LO is thriving - let her sleep!   I know lots of parents that would kill for a baby that slept 10-11 hours straight.

• You're really lucky our LO sleeps that long! I wouldn't change anything :)

We start DD's bedtime routine and 7:45 with a bath then pjs, swaddle, and nurse.  She is usually in the bassinet asleep by 8:30.  Between 1 and 2 she wakes up to eat and then again between 4 and 6.  I'm looking forward to the day she only wakes up once at night lol. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"