Um, what was that? (TMI Warning) — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Um, what was that? (TMI Warning)

I just passed a piece of solid tissue, about 3 in long and an inch wide.  It was covered in blood but underneath it was sort of grayish and very very lumpy.  It looked too oblong to be the sac but I don't know what else it could be - the placenta?  It didn't hurt coming out but I was absolutely horrified when I saw it.  I couldn't bring myself to look very closely, too afraid of what I would see.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm sorry for the gory details.  I just feel like I'm going to be sick.

Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

Re: Um, what was that? (TMI Warning)

• During my last ultrasound, the doc commented that the sac was irregular in shape because the pregnancy was no longer viable. Maybe it was the sac? 

• It most likely was the sac.  That sounds similar to what mine looked like and it was nothing like I expected it to look.  I know how traumatizing it is to see.  I'm sorry you're going through this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC#1 since Oct. 2010 - BFP#1 1/16/11, D&C 2/18/11 BFP#2 8/19/11, EDD 4/28/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw the same thing when I passed the last of my tissue.  I don't know what it was, but it was exactly as you described it, and it didn't hurt at all.
  • when I had my 2nd ultrasound last week & the m/c was confirmed, my doctor pointed out that the sac was misshaped & oblong in appearance.

• Ditto pp's , I had a natural m/c-what I saw was very similar. I'm so sorry you had to see it. That image is ingrained in my head forever. Some comfort there though.,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards