Health & Exercise
Options

Eating and exercise question

So i have been having trouble in my first tri due to morning sickness and food aversions, sensitive gag reflex, etc...well i CRAVE sweets like no other time in my life. I eat cookies, ice cream, etc. the dr said not to worry about what i eat in the first tri just to make sure i eat SOMETHING but when my 2nd tri comes around to really watch it and cut out carbs and stuff like that.

I am up 4 lbs from my first appt to my 2nd. which was one month between the two. The dr said that everything looked perfect. well also i have been down and not been able to exercise. =( I want to start walking but i get so winded by doing laundry and other daily cleaning household activities. 

I would like to know what can i do to eat better, and start getting motivated to exercise better.  do ya'll recommend any recipes/exercise plans you do?

I dont want to be one that gains 50+ lbs due to pregnancy because i also dont want intense stretch marks and have issues losing the baby weight. Huh? also i do plan on BFing.

Re: Eating and exercise question

• Options

Just do the best that you can. I know my eating wasn't perfect in the first tri either.

Try to satisfy the sweet tooth with healthier options-- fruit & yogurt, whole grain cereals, banana/PB/honey sandwiches etc.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    First tri sucked for me too.  I was an avid runner, exerciser, healthy eater before getting preg.  I had all your same symptoms during first tri and so that is when the weight gain really started.  I was one of those who gained 50+lbs and I have not one stretch mark to show for it!  Stretch marks aren't really caused by more or less weight gain.  I know ppl who gained 80+lbs with pregnancy and never got a single stretch mark.  I know ppl who gained 20lbs with pregnancy and are covered in stretch marks.  Anywho, I'm now 11 wks pp and have lost 40 of the 53lbs I gained.  Not too bad I don't think!  Second tri was much better for me and I was able to start mildly exercising again and tried to mostly eat healthy.  (Although I did cave into cravings a lot when I usually didn't allow myself to do that before getting preg).  And I still gained a ton of weight!  Don't be too hard on yourself!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just remember - there's a guy that lost weight eating a diet of only Twinkies (in moderation of course to a normal calorie count)...

First, stop being so hard on yourself.  Keep exercising to what is normal FOR YOU and what your body's instincts will allow.  "Make Hay When the Sun Shines!"  OTOH, back off when the body signals you need to do so.  When it comes to eating, use your brain and remember moderation.  You can have the small slice of chocolate cake, but you don't need to eat the WHOLE cake!  Instincts of what your body wants/needs will do more good for preventing morning sickness than anything else.  I know vegetarians who became raging carnivores while preggers, the body knows what it needs.  Just remember to balance the amount. 

When it comes to stretch marks, that's something you really don't get much control over.  There are women who get super mega stretch marks and others who get none and it's got not as much as you think to do with weight gain as you might think. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"