3rd Trimester
Options

Acupuncture during pregnancy ?

Has anyone tried this? What did you have it done for? I know that there are various uses throughout pregnancy from treating morning sickness to inducing labor. I'd love to hear some experiences. TIA!

Re: Acupuncture during pregnancy ?

• Options
    MCH77MCH77 member

I didn't, but used it prior to pregnancy (I gave it up due to work schedule).  I imagine that it would feel great during pregnancy.  It always made me so relaxed and calm, ahhh... I miss it.  

OP:  Are you going to do it?  If so, what for at this point?

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    imageMCH77:

I didn't, but used it prior to pregnancy (I gave it up due to work schedule).  I imagine that it would feel great during pregnancy.  It always made me so relaxed and calm, ahhh... I miss it.  

I've read some studies which say acupuncture in the 3rd tri can significantly decrease labor length, help prepare the cervix, and relieve pain in general. I've had pretty bad sciatica and recently pelvic pain so intense, I swear LO broke soemthing in there! Tongue Tied I'm full term so at this point I'm looking for creative ways to manage pain and prepare for labor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've started to do it as of last week (and continuing every week until I go into labor) to help with pain management and to try to turn the baby into the proper position. I've never done it before in my life, but I'm hoping that it will also help with labor, since I have to be induced starting at week 39.
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ccorsoccorso member

Acupuncture is what got me pregnant - along with some help of me and my husband. We had unexplained infertility for years...once I let go of western med and went to eastern med I was pregnant in 4 months.

Acupuncture got rid of my sciatic during pregnancy.

I have my 38-39 week appointment on Tuesday.  If nothing has changed 'down there' at that appointment, I will be calling my acupuncturist to get things moving.

• Options
    It is amazing! I had so much pain with LO#1 that I was going to see my chiropractor for acupunture 1 - 2 days a wk. The pain went away for a while and gave me relief. So worth it! i'm sure it would help with MS and other problems, too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    imageaussiebabies:
    imageMCH77:

I've read some studies which say acupuncture in the 3rd tri can significantly decrease labor length, help prepare the cervix, and relieve pain in general. I've had pretty bad sciatica and recently pelvic pain so intense, I swear LO broke soemthing in there! Tongue Tied I'm full term so at this point I'm looking for creative ways to manage pain and prepare for labor.

Interesting.  Again work gets in the way, but if he is coming late I will check it out.  GL!!!

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options

Lurker popping in...

I have, and love it!  I went every week during 1st tri to help with nausea and back pain.  My acu generally releases patients during 2nd tri, and has them come back at 24 weeks through the end of the pregnancy.  So starting this week, I'll be going again every other week for general aches and pains, I think (probably stress issues too, I have a high-stress/anxiety job).  Starting at 32 weeks, I'll start every week appointments again. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most from now until the end of my pregnancy! At some point, we'll start working on labor readiness/induction techniques, but I don't think that comes until 38-ish weeks (in conjunction with EPO, etc).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"