Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Best bottle for homes with no dishwasher?

My husband and I live in an 1870s farmhouse, so we don't have a dishwasher. I plan to BF, but of course we'll have bottles as well, so I'm wondering which bottles are recommended and yet are easy to clean.  Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best bottle for homes with no dishwasher?

• Options
    Playtex drop-ins!  You wash the nipple and ring and open bottom bottle separately.  Plastic liner gets thrown away.  Definitely easy.
  • Options
    memo9memo9 member
    I'm also without a dishwasher and am hoping to try drop-ins!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dishwasher is, well, crap.  When I put the bottles in there they don't get clean.  Therefore, we handwash all the bottles.  We have Tommee Tippee bottles and they come clean so easy!  I love them.  We also have a couple Playtex Vent Aire bottles that are easy to clean also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We BF and Born Free bottles work well for us.  DS took to them easily and they didn't cause any problems with BF.  I always wash them by hand and they're very easy to clean. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    We don't run a dishwasher every day so we hand wash the bottles on those days.  We have Dr. Browns with their 27 parts.  We just soak them in hot soapy water for a little bit before washing them and haven't had any issues.
  • Options
    We have a dishwasher but I don't understand how you can wash bottles very clean with a dishwasher. I have to say, our dishwasher is semi old so I don't know if that's the problem but I wasn't going to use any bottle that had dried water marks on it and most of them flipped over during the drying process. We've had great success with drop ins (the nipples are awesome). For pumping with the Medela freestyle, I use the Geber 9oz bottles that are a buck a piece. They are super simple, 3 pieces and very easy to clean.
  • Options

We have a dishwasher and I used it once for bottles. Honestly, I find it easily to just wash them by hand. We have Dr. Browns & Ventaire's and neither is that difficult to wash though I'll admit the Dr. Browns are a bit annoying with all the parts. We pretty much use the Ventaire's 90% of the time.

We have the drop-ins for when we travel and can't wash her regular bottles. I wouldn't use them regularly because I hate the expense of buying the liners.

• Options
    Playtex Drop-Ins
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We wash our bottle by hand. I don't want them baking in the dish washer and I don't want those chemicals on the bottles. I use Medela and they wash well. We just keep a little bowl in the sink for bottles. I wash them every time there are about four in the sink. I'm sure hand washing most bottles is easy, except for ones with many parts.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    so many choices but I will tell you what to avoid instead:  anti-colic bottles with lots of parts like the dr brown's bottles.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have Born Free and there aren't too many parts to wash plus we love their bottle brush. I've tried to wash Dr Brown's when watching my cousin and they were such a pain - avoid those if you can
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"