Pre-School and Daycare
Options

what to get my 5 yo for her bday?

I'm having a hard time putting my finger on a birthday gift for my 5 year old girl...HELP!  We are to the point that we have way too many toys in this house.  So I'm leaning away from toys and more towards something else but I just don't know what.  If you have any ideas I would love to hear them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what to get my 5 yo for her bday?

• Options
    a cd player?
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Arts and crafts seem to be a big hit with that age group.  DS loves games like Uno, Hullabaloo and kids dominos. Some kids get Nintendo DS for their bday.  The Tag reader has gotten more popular this year after DS started KG and understands it more.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I 2nd the Tag if she doesnt have one.  My girls wanted one but also wanted a bike.  I wasnt going to buy 2 $$ gifts for them for their bday (just a few days ago) because we also have Ls bday that was on the 13th.  (Christmas in May around here)

So they are getting a Tag for Cmas.  They need a bike for summer.  They are having a party in June so if they get gcs or money they may buy it with that if they want.  

I know you said you have too many toys but have you thought about purging some old ones to make room for new?  We purge toys every 6 months.  Right before bdays and again before cmas.  Anything they havent played with in a while gets put up for a later rotation, taken to my moms or the Goodwill.  

My girls just go Polly Pocket stuff for the 1st time and have played with it non stop.  They got the roller coaster/water park thing.  

Non toys...trip somewhere and gets to take a friend?  

1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Ask her what she wants.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    VAL215VAL215 member

imageforensicmama:
    Ask her what she wants.

Haha...she wants a horse...like a real one!  Not happening this year anyways!

Thank you ladies for the ideas...I think we are going with some outdoor gifts (pool, kiddo sized garden tools, etc.) and we'll fill in with clothes, a toy, books.  By the way, she did receive the Tag reader for xmas and it is kid and mom approved.  If you are looking for any ideas, I would suggest the Tag.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageVAL215:

imageforensicmama:
    Ask her what she wants.

Haha...she wants a horse...like a real one!  Not happening this year anyways!

Thank you ladies for the ideas...I think we are going with some outdoor gifts (pool, kiddo sized garden tools, etc.) and we'll fill in with clothes, a toy, books.  By the way, she did receive the Tag reader for xmas and it is kid and mom approved.  If you are looking for any ideas, I would suggest the Tag.

LOL Yeah, I guess she has higher hopes than my DD. DD wanted a doll last birthday. Easy peasy. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"