Preemies
Options

Adjusted vs. Actual age

I know that generally we expect our preemies to hit developmental milestones based on their adjusted age. But what about things like sleeping through the night? Growth spurts? Fussy periods? Do you think these are typically on adjusted age too? 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Adjusted vs. Actual age

• Options

They have been for us, they started SSTN at about 6 weeks adjusted (sometimes waking at 3 just to keep us on our toes).  We are not in "4 month wakeful" yet, I suppose we have two months to go before we hit it.  Some things we have been in the middle babbling, smiling etc but those are all social developments and they have been out longer so I would expect that.  It will be interesting to see where all the milestones eventually fall.

Sorry that wasn't much help, hopefully someone with an older preemie can shed some light! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I wonder about this too.

We had a fussy day a few days ago and I thought "oh, 6 week wakeful, right on schedule." But it passed within a day or so ... so maybe it was just an anomaly?

I hate second guessing everything.

G: 08-02-06 ~ D: 02-21-09 ~ Z: 04-16-11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Samuel seems to be doing a lot of things at actual age, like sleeping LOOOOOONG stretches. We wake him to eat. He had the 6 week wakeful, 4 month wakeful (last week.) I still haven't caught up on sleep. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this question. As soon as I walked away from the computer I thought it was probably a dumb question lol.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    almost all of those things happened for Preston on his adjusted age.
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lemen99lemen99 member
    Adjusted age!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"