3rd Trimester
Options

I can't wait... (vent)

To no longer be pregnant. Honestly it's sad cause I would love being pregnant if people were not so MEAN! I don't know how many comments I get a day just cause people think they can say anything to a bartender with no consiquences. To be true for 8 months along I am actually on the small side but every man that comes in seems to have to comment on how large I am. One jerk actually said "wow you need a roller skate for that thing" Really??!!

I am so tired of being the butt of peoples jokes esp since if anything I am more sensitive. All I want is my pre pregnancy body back so they can all shove it.

Sorry needed to vent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I can't wait... (vent)

• Options
    Personally I would just rather people ignored me. I don't need any attention, my husbands comments and my own are all I need.
  • Options
    I used to bartend until the docs said I was working too much, and when some a-hole would comment I would purposely slide their beer over to where it made a huge mess and spilled on them, made a snarky comment back, etc. My regulars thought it was funny so I actually made more money being a beyotch. And it felt pretty good to lash out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh me and my coworker (due at the same time) are in the same boat. Between the stupid jokes ( wow is everyone pregnant here. No a-hole, just the 2 of us) and people comparing our sizes and asking us if we are expecting twins... they've managed to make it not fun to go to work... we have both decided to stop being polite and tell people that they are being rude. Our regular customers ( we are concierges) think it's funny too and usually rush to say something nice to us when they hear this... It's nice to know some people are looking out for you. But i know exactly how you feel.

Between that and the free advice everyone feels like giving on everything.... sometimes I want to scream. 

• Options
    My friend and I are both pregnant, she's about a month behind me and just the tiniest thing in the first place while I'm a very curvy woman. So it's no surprise that we're different sizes, plus a month makes a huge difference in size once the baby starts growing by leaps and bounds. Either way, I've gotten this a lot lately. Even friends of ours are commenting on how much bigger I am and how it must be because my friend was skinny before she got pregnant. So, does that mean they're saying I was a fatty beforehand? I think I'll just stay in the house the next six weeks.
  • Options
    I am a bartender as well... just had my last day at work last Thursday actually. Not only is it physically tiring, but it is definitely emotionally tiring!! Especially with the alcohol involved, customers think they can just say whatever they want to me. I had a guy tell me when I was around 6 months pregnant how big I looked and asked "why are you letting yourself go like that?" Are you effing kidding me!?! I am not "letting myself go" a-hole... I'm pregnant. He continued making horrible comments so I told him he needed to shut up and I handed him his bill. People are ridiculous. Hang in there though. We are almost done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"