Washington Babies

I am glad I missed this one moment in C's life

We are visiting H's family in Montana this weekend. It is decent weather so we were letting C run around outside with H's cousins (age range of 8 to 13). C's allergies are really acting up so I went into town to buy a bulb aspirator to help drain his nose. I come back to the house and C is in completely different clothes. Turns out, he fell into the irrigation ditch out front. When I heard that, my heart stopped. Thank goodness the middle cousin was right there and made sure to keep his head above water. He was running around the house so obviously he was ok, but dang I cannot express how glad I am that I was not here to witness that. Ugh.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am glad I missed this one moment in C's life

• My heart just stopped reading this! I'm SO glad he's okay! And thank goodness there was someone there to help him!
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ckmommyckmommy member
    He is ok, thank goodness. He wasn't alone and they weren't even near the ditch when I left. My H was getting ready to tell the girls and C that they needed to get closer to the house when he fell in. Apparently my H jumped off the stairs really fast an was there in a flash but still...
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man, sooo scarey! So glad he's ok!
    Rachael and Tim - est. 10.2.04 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wow I'm glad he was ok!  How much water was in it?  could he stand up?  did hte fall hurt him at all?  
  • How scary!! :( I'm so glad he's ok .. it's scary how fast unexpected things can happen ..
  • ckmommyckmommy member
    Jill, the ditch us really full this year due to all of the snow run off so it is about 2 1/2 feet deep. From what I understand he went in head first but cousin M got in to flip him and hold his head up. He wasn't hurt, just very very cold. My H and I agreed last night that due to C's no fear nature, he is getting in to swim lessons asap.
  • That is so scary. I am glad he had family nearby and was okay. 
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • imageIkesHawaiian06:
    My heart just stopped reading this! I'm SO glad he's okay! And thank goodness there was someone there to help him!

Ditto!  I am so thankful he is safe! Hugs to you and the little guy!

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"