Nurseries and Baby Gear

Diaper Brands

Good morning ladies!  My husband and I are getting a jump start on buying certain things for our LO because aside from the pregnancy we have a lot going on in the next several months.

I was wondering if one brand of diapers is better than the other?  People swear by Pampers and others swear by Huggies.  Is there really a difference?

I love to hear what you all think....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper Brands

• Some brands fit some babies better then others.  We use cloth most of the time but love Target brand when we use disposables.  They work great and are a great price.  We used Swaddlers for newborn and really liked those too.  Dont' buy too many newborn size since you don't know how big your baby is going to be. 
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • We have used Pampers from the start and never had any problems.  Will use them with #2 as well.  I think it mainly becomes a matter of personal preference.  We did the same thing, buying diapers as we went before DS came along, when we had coupons, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we use pampers swaddlers sensitive and they work great for DS. he had a super bad diaper rash when he was 2 weeks old so i decided to just switch and stay with sensitive.

ditto the pp who said don't buy too many newborn diapers. poor DS was squished into them at the hospital and he was in size 1 as soon as we got him home. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We'll be doing cloth majority of the time but plan on using Target's Up & Up brand the rest of the time since I've heard such great things about them.
    Mom to:
    Miles (6 year old Maine C00n mix), Boots (5 year old Lab mix), Darla (4 year old GSD/Collie mix), Frankie (1.5 year old DSH mix), Peanut (15 months old - 09/11), and Bean (arriving Feb 2013).
  • It's personal preference.  They all do their job.  Some brands work better on some babies/builds than others, so occasionally you'll see someone who really HATES a brand of diaper.

We started out in cloth, but now use sposies.  DS has worn various generic brands, but primarily wears the Target Up & Ups during the day.  My MIL put him in Pampers this weekend and they were fine too.  We use Huggies nighttime diapers since there aren't really generics available in those, and they are cheaper than the Pampers overnights. 

I personally wouldn't stockpile diapers unless you find some super deal on them.  Once your baby is here, it's not going to be that much of an inconvenience to buy diapers.  You still will have to grocery shop, right?

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • It's personal preference.  They all do their job.  Some brands work better on some babies/builds than others, so occasionally you'll see someone who really HATES a brand of diaper.

We started out in cloth, but now use sposies.  DS has worn various generic brands, but primarily wears the Target Up & Ups during the day.  My MIL put him in Pampers this weekend and they were fine too.  We use Huggies nighttime diapers since there aren't really generics available in those, and they are cheaper than the Pampers overnights. 

I personally wouldn't stockpile diapers unless you find some super deal on them.  Once your baby is here, it's not going to be that much of an inconvenience to buy diapers.  You still will have to grocery shop, right?

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • I think it depends a bit on your baby. We have a long, skinny boy and the Huggies Pure and Natural were a disaster. We've had good luck with Earths Best and Seventh Generation. He has sensitive skin so I'm too scared to try Pampers because of the Drymax. Also, don't stock up on too many newborn size because you don't know how long he will wear them. We switched to size 1 at 2.5 weeks because he was peeing through newborns because they were too low cut for him even though he was well within the weight range.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's going to depend on your baby.  Also, it can change size-to-size.  For instance, we loved Huggies Little Snugglers in size NB (our LO was in newborn for 7 weeks - she was tiny), but we hated them in size 1.  We like Pampers Baby Dry for size 1 and 2 so far.  Target's Up & Up brand was great in size 1, too.
  • It all depends on your baby.  Huggies leaked every single time so we switched to Pampers and they worked so much better for us.  I had stocked up on the old Pampers Swaddlers without Dry Max while I was pregnant and then I switched to Pampers Baby Dry when those ran out.  I tried the Swaddlers Sensitive but they gave DS a bad rash immediately.  A lot of people really like the Target brand diapers too.

Some people haven't had a problem with Dry Max but I didn't even want to test it on DS.  Just a warning though, they're removing the words Dry Max from the package since it's gotten such a bad rap but they haven't changed the diapers at all.  Dry Max is currently in Swaddlers (except for Swaddlers Sensitive sizes N-2) and Cruisers whether it says so on the package or not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"