Upstate NY Babies
Options

tinypinkbug

when ty has his temper tantrums how do you get him out of it?  for the past 3 nights he has just screamed, flailed around on the floor, banged his head, thrown his taggie and sippy cup for 1-2 hours. last night he finally laid down with dh and fell asleep. tongiht dh looked out the window and that got him to calm down.  He gets so fixated on 1 thing. Last night it was apple juice tonight it was chuggington

we are calling the dr on tuesday for an appt.  I know in my gut that this isn't normal.  I just don't know what is wrong.  I'm not sure if it is his lack of communication skills or something more.

Re: tinypinkbug

• Options
    Butting in - what if you take him outside?  That pretty much cures everything for dd.  Although then the risk is a new temper tantrum when you come back in.  But sometimes if she is in one, I just take her out quick to check the mail or something.
  • Options
    I wish I had an answer for that.  This is why it lasts for hours.  All we can really do is keep him from hurting himself and be there for him.  And, lately, keep him from hurting his sister.  At school, they have been using a sensory swing when he gets real worked up.  We are going to buy one at home, in the mean time, if DH is here, put him in a large blanket, each hold an end and swing him.  But we know Ty is very sensory driven.  When he was a baby, I would do EVERYTHING to get him to snap out of it.  Never knew what would work, sometimes the right show on TV, sometimes just totally removing his clothes...  I hope it gets better for you soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"