Nurseries and Baby Gear

Closet Dividers

I'm wanting to make some closet dividers but am having difficulty finding ones that will work in our closet. The clothes bar is not removable so anything that is a solid shape will not work, we need something that can "hook" on.  We looked at Michael's for wooden door hangers, but again, they have a solid O. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Closet Dividers

• I bought large clothespins at AC Moore and they worked perfectly
  • MLF135MLF135 member

These hook on, if you're looking to buy a set instead of making them.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2885699

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you search there was a post about this the other day...these are a waste of time/money/effort - once LO is here they are useless. I felt like I HAD to have them and was so excited about them, but they just make it harder to organize the clothes in a functional way since LO is wearing clothes from different sizes/seasons that the separators don't allow for.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imageMystery2B:
    If you search there was a post about this the other day...these are a waste of time/money/effort - once LO is here they are useless. I felt like I HAD to have them and was so excited about them, but they just make it harder to organize the clothes in a functional way since LO is wearing clothes from different sizes/seasons that the separators don't allow for.

This.

Wash everything to allow for shrinkage.  Lay everything out on the floor and group things by similar size and style (onesie, sleeper, etc.), ignoring the tags.  Place in large ziplock bags, and label with increasing numbers (1, 2, 3..).  Place your #1 items in drawers and the rest in cute fabric bins in the closet. When your child starts to outgrow the #1 items, grab the #2 bags.

Hanging baby clothes is not only unnecessary, but can damage and stretch the clothing.  You'll probably get some larger sizes as gifts, and you really don't want it hanging there collecting dust for 6-9 months.  Folding and placing in bags/bins/drawers is better IMHO.

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • imagePuddle Jumpers:
    I used ribbon to hang mine. 

Ditto.

They were good for organizing before DD got here and early on when she was only wearing the tiniest clothes, but now they are a waste.  :-/  She fits a wide range of stuff now and its just too hard to keep grouped and when DH tries to dress her, he never is sure what section to pick from, so its all mixed by style now anyway. 

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • I bought some cheap on Etsy. 
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have some, but most of DS's clothes are in drawers anyways.  I don't buy ahead much on sizes so we haven't needed to really organize his closet.
  • If you still want to make them, the ribbon suggestion would work well.  I've also seen DIY ones where they take the wooden O's and cut a slit in the top.  That allows them to open just large enough to bend over the hanging bar.  They ended up looking like these, but the opening was at the top and they were the wooden ones (not plastic):  https://pinterest.com/pin/23786007/

Here are some really cute DIY square ones made out of foam instead of wood:  https://www.lifesweetlifeblog.com/2010/03/diy-closet-dividers.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"