Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long after a m/c......

I miscarried on 4-17 at 8wks 1day.  It has been 6 weeks.  My ob said I should start my period 6 weeks at the latest.  How long was it before you ladies had a normal cycle?  Has anyone gotten pregnant again before your period ever came?

Thanks ladies.. 

Re: How long after a m/c......

• Options
    It is possible to get pregnant again before getting your period after a miscarriage.  I recommend taking a test, and if you are pregnant, please don't post here--go to PGAL (or another PG board).  If it's negative, please go to TTCAL (or TTGP).  It's not appropriate for you to post about this here.  If you want to talk about your m/c, that's fine, but you shouldn't post on a loss board about how you think you're pregnant.
  • Options
    MrsJCMrsJC member
    About 2.5 weeks after my D&C, I had a strange period that only lasted one day and was really light. My OB isn't convinced that it was my period, though. She thinks it was just some residual bleeding. I ovulated exactly 2 weeks after that and got pregnant for the second time, but now I'm losing this second pregnancy too.
    BFP #1 1/27/11, EDD 10/7/11, D&C 3/29/11 @ 12w4d
    BFP #2 5/19/11, EDD 1/20/12, Natural miscarriage 6/2/11 @ 6w6d
    Dx 2 copies of MTHFR reductase DNA mutation (C677T & A1298C) June 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    According to by OB, anything from 4-8 weeks is considered normal. After my first m/c my cycle returned right on schedule 5 weeks later, after my 2nd m/c my cycle took 7.5 long weeks to return.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My RE told me to call if at 7 weeks I still haven't started my period (this was after a beta of zero at 2 weeks post-m/c). In that case I'd start provera to induce a period.
  • Options
    I miscarried at ten weeks about 4 weeks ago. I haven't had a period yet and my betas were still at 19 last week. I have heard of some friends of a friend that have gotten pg before there period after a miscarriage.
  • Options
    Hi, Sorry for your loss.  I'm still waiting for AF or a sign of O.  I've had a negative HPT for awhile now (4-5 weeks).  I think it's been about 60 days since the brown spotting started.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    I had a natural mc at 6 weeks on April 29th and just got my first period May 29th.  To answer your question, yes, it is possible to get pregnant right away. 
  • Options

imageClaraEarlene:
    It is possible to get pregnant again before getting your period after a miscarriage.  I recommend taking a test, and if you are pregnant, please don't post here--go to PGAL (or another PG board).  If it's negative, please go to TTCAL (or TTGP).  It's not appropriate for you to post about this here.  If you want to talk about your m/c, that's fine, but you shouldn't post on a loss board about how you think you're pregnant.

she asked if it was possible to get pregnant she didnt say she thought she was pregnant...

and its definitely possible... its hard to say when you ovulated though unless you were tracking your cycle... it could explain why you havent gotten AF yet...   did you have long cycles before hand? 

• Options
    I was told that anywhere between 2-8 weeks after a miscarriage your period will return. If it does not return by 8 weeks I was told to call in and let my doctor know and I would have to come in. It is definitely possible to get pregnant before you have your period again. If your having any symptoms I would test, otherwise wait another couple weeks and see if your period returns if not test or see your doctor. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"