Pregnant after 35

today is my due date but

I still have an INSIDE freaking baby.   The dr appointment went horribly. I ended up in tears.  How the hell do you grow your cervix back? Last friday I was 60% and 2cm. Yesterday, I was "maybe 1cm and slightly thin"????!!!She is not coming anytime soon.  And because of the holiday, the hospital is booked up, no slots for an induction until Thursday!  I was in such a sh!tty mood all day. Between that news and working on 3.5 hours of sleep, I was a mess.  My Facebook status was

"I'm not talking about it, so don't ask" It kept people off the phone and away from me.  Today, with 8 hours of sleep under my belt, I feel a little better.  We are going over to my best friends house for a pool party.  She threw it together last nigth after I talked to her about everything.  We are going to have a "due date party" and I am going to float all day in the water and just try to enjoy my friends and family.  geez, I love my friends! 

Re: today is my due date but

• I'm sorry =(  :::HUGS:::  I know that Thursday seems like such  a long time away, but hopefully you will go into labor before then.  It must be very frustrating!!  Your friends and family sound awesome, and I am glad you will have such a nice relaxing day with them with 8 hours of sleep to boot!  Try to hang in there!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try to hang in there.  Sounds like you have an awesome friend and hopefully it will help get your mind off of things.  A lot can happen between now and Thursday, so you never know, you may not have to wait that long.  I know a lot of wives tales to self-induce labor, but none that I know work for sure so I'm sorry I can't pass along any helpful tips there. 
    Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • aw, hugs to you!  sorry your appointment didn't go well.  but what great friends you have to help cheer you up!  and you still never know...maybe your little girl will surprise you before thursday!

enjoy floating in the pool...that sounds heavenly!!!!!! 

• VincentVincent member
    Kimb311-  I can't believe LO hasn't arrived.  I'm at a lost for words.  I'm sending you delivery thoughts and hopefully LO will take note and descend.  I have to say you're much more patient than I would be.  I know you probably don't want to hear but when I first read your post I was LOL because it was very funny.... only you could write like this.  Is the thought that you will be induced on Thursday if she doesn't come on her own?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • What?  I logged on just knowing I was read a post that you were in the hospital ..
  • I may have said it before, but I had a doctor's appointment at 39 weeks, I was barely effaced and less than 1 cm.  I went into labor naturally the next day, and had my baby before 7PM.  All is not lost!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • kimb311kimb311 member

imageVincent:
    Kimb311-  I can't believe LO hasn't arrived.  I'm at a lost for words.  I'm sending you delivery thoughts and hopefully LO will take note and descend.  I have to say you're much more patient than I would be.  I know you probably don't want to hear but when I first read your post I was LOL because it was very funny.... only you could write like this.  Is the thought that you will be induced on Thursday if she doesn't come on her own?

thanks! I'm glad my sense of humor translates to someone!! Looking back it was kinda funny.  I was soooo tired. Like, I imagine how little kids get.  so tired they don't even know they are tired.....that was me.  I was a damn 3 year old throwing a fit over everything. I broke down in the grocery store with my mom trying to decide which hotdots to buy!! I am not kidding. 

• Oh Kim, I know how you feel, my 1st son came late and was due in May.  He's 23 and I can't get rid of him still!  We are so close we can finish each other's sentences, hopefully your LO is just soaking in all those positive vibes you have in there and preparing for a wonderful life with you.

Try to hang in there!

• Sorry to hear about your appointment...and baby who won't budge. Glad you have an outlet to have some fun and connect with people who are supportive and loving. Keeping my fingers crossed that your LO decides she's ready for a new venue!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • ...have you tried....

Just kidding (don't you LOVE when people say that to you?!)

Hang in there - baby will be here soon and 9 months will feel like it flew by!!! 

Have fun at your party today!!

• I hope your floating away sista! OMG, thinking about you! I was with you on the FB status, omg. I am thinking about you and sending the labor vibes to you! 

While Thursday seems like a lifetime away it will be here fast! I hope you go before then and get your May baby already! Just know Im thinking about you girlie! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hey kim, hang in there... i guess your LO is trying to make up for Milo's early appearance, lol... i still feel connected to all my due date (and near due date) buddies... i hope you have a relaxing weekend...or an exciting baby arrival!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Hey Kim, I was thinking about you today! Hang in there! Your baby girl will be outside before you know it. I am sending you great labor vibes!!! Have an enjoyable weekend. So cool that your friend is throwing you a pool party! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Oh Kim...I feel for you!  I've never made it to 40 weeks, but I remember how miserable I was near the end.  Enjoy your pool party and I'll keep my fingers crossed that she comes quickly!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • kimb311kimb311 member
    thanks guys! Your words of support and understanding help sooooo much!!! DD+1 and she seems to be pretty content in there!  The pool party was great, just close friends, lots of food and floating. Man, did it feel good! But I am afraid that it just made it even more comfy in there for her!!!  I think I am going to unpack my hospital bag, then Im sure she will come!!!!
  • You are at the business end now , it wont be long.

Maybe relaxing by/and in the pool will coax LO out :D

Relaxing might be just what you need to get things started. 

xxxxxx

• It goes by in minutes at this point! It's been years since I was overdue but I still remember unplugging the phone and yelling at someone at a donut shop because they asked "oh you STILL haven't had that baby" well duh! I was very obviously still pregnant!

Hang in there... I hope it happened last night when I hadn't checked in!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"