High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Joining you ladies

At my anatomy scan on Monday the MFM discovered my cervix had shortened from 3.65 at 15 weeks to a terrifying .8 just shy of 21 weeks. They admitted me right away, gave me a terb shot to stop the contractions that I only started to feel when they got me on the monitor, and gave me oral meds to keep them away.

4 days later, cervix is no worse but hardly any better - only up to .9 after hospital bed rest this week. So, I have been told to prepare to be in the hospital until I deliver.

Terrified doesn't do justice to how I am feeling. We have struggled so hard for so long to get to this point, and the idea that they could both be taken from us at any second is devastating.

I am sorry we are all here, just hoping to get a little support and I promise to try to give it in return. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Joining you ladies

• Options

I'm sorry you have to go through this! I don't have quite the same issue, but I'm at 22 weeks with some major blood flow issues, and I just really want more than anything to get my little girl to 24 weeks... then 28... But each week I go for an ultrasound and leave with bad news, so I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst while everybody tells me to think positive happy thoughts (easier said than done).

The good thing is, they're keeping a close eye on you, and I've read that hospital bed rest does wonders. Just be strong lady, for you and your SO, that's what's getting me by.

EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • Options

I'm sure you're terrified, but try to keep your head up! The best thing you can do for your sweet babies is stay in that bed and try not to stress. Drink LOTS of water!

I'll be praying for you, your twins, and the rest of your family! Best of luck to you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

I'm so sorry :( I am praying for you guys. Keep your head up! Cervixes can fluctuate a lot during PG, so I am praying that yours will do the same (and it will go up!). Have they started you on weekly p17 shots? If not, I would ask to have those started ASAP.......I'm a firm believer in the shots. My cervix built back up quite a bit and my MFM and OB agree that the shots really helped.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

At my 20w scan they discovered my cervix only measured .6 it was up to 1.4 a bit later.  The MFM told me I was not a candidate for a cerclage because I had no history of short cervix nor a history of PTL no a 2nd tri loss.  My OB disagreed and after talking about everything had me come in for an emergency cerclage that monday.  When they went to place the cerclage I was already dilating. I had my cerclage placed at 20w6d.

You are pretty close to my time frame and I wonder if the doctor would consider doing the same for you.  If I were you I would ask.  They may believe there is no benifit in trying but in my mind why not? 

I will be keeping you and your LO"s in my T&P...

BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11
  • Options

Thank you guys all so much for your kind words and prayers, they mean so much to me.

To answer your questions - the 3 MFMs here are in agreement that at this stage in a twin pregnancy, a cerclage could do more harm than good, so we are just praying that gravity will do the trick. I haven't had a measurable contraction in 4 days, and no real cervical changes since then, so they are hopeful I could stay like this or possibly continue improving slightly for awhile.

I will ask about the 17P shots, right now I am on nightly progesterone suppositories so I'm not sure if that is instead of the shots or could just be in addition to?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I've been in your shoes and know the terror you are in. I'll keep you and you twins in my prayers.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My thoughts are  with  you. My sister went in the hospital at 26 weeks with .9cm  and ended up being induced on her due date. She only  had 1, but bedrest does work. She got off bedrest  at 32 weeks. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"