Northern California Babies

glucose test insight?

Hello!  I am expecting in September and using Kaiser Oakland.  I promptly forgot all the info about what not to do and what to do the morning of my glucose test and the lab is closed today and tomorrow so I can't call before the test on Tuesday morning.  Do any of you remember whether there were rules?  I vaguly remember he saying to juice or anything sugary that morning.  Maybe toast and water is okay?

Thanks!

William Henry born August 26, 2011, 7lbs 9oz 20 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: glucose test insight?

• EmmieBEmmieB member

you have to be fasting. a sip of water is ok, but no food. go very first thing and have something waiting in the car.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was able to eat that am but maybe things have changed in 2 yrs? I had two eggs and a slice of whole wheat toast. I even told the lab tech and she said it was fine. I was also told no juice or suger that day or the night before.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  And so sorry for all those typos, wowee!
    William Henry born August 26, 2011, 7lbs 9oz 20 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't have to fast with my first pregnancy and I just got my lab slip to do it with this pregnancy at my next appointment and my doctor said no fasting is necessary (I have Kaiser as well).  I was just told to avoid overly sugary foods (fruit, juices, simple carbs, etc.).
  • I didn't have to fast for the 1hr glucose tests (only for the 3hr).  I would just avoid eating/drinking anything sugary prior to the test. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nooo...you do not fast for the 1 hour.  I have my 1 hour on Wednesday (day after you), and my doctor said to eat normally the morning of.  She said, "Don't have, like, a giant hunk of chocolate cake or a Jamba Juice smoothie on your way into the test or anything, but eat your normal breakfast the morning of."  And, I'm with Kaiser Sacramento, btw.  I'm very sure you should not be fasting for your 1 hour tomorrow.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just had my test done about 8 weeks ago (I think). My doc said no food or drink eight hours before but water was okay.
    ****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • EmmieBEmmieB member

imageStefandTodd:
    Nooo...you do not fast for the 1 hour.  I have my 1 hour on Wednesday (day after you), and my doctor said to eat normally the morning of.  She said, "Don't have, like, a giant hunk of chocolate cake or a Jamba Juice smoothie on your way into the test or anything, but eat your normal breakfast the morning of."  And, I'm with Kaiser Sacramento, btw.  I'm very sure you should not be fasting for your 1 hour tomorrow.

this explains why I failed the 1 hr.

• imageStefandTodd:
    Nooo...you do not fast for the 1 hour.  I have my 1 hour on Wednesday (day after you), and my doctor said to eat normally the morning of.  She said, "Don't have, like, a giant hunk of chocolate cake or a Jamba Juice smoothie on your way into the test or anything, but eat your normal breakfast the morning of."  And, I'm with Kaiser Sacramento, btw.  I'm very sure you should not be fasting for your 1 hour tomorrow.

This! I did mine last week at Kaiser and had a bagel and cream cheese. Passed the test. I think if you don't pass, THEN you do another where you have to fast...if I remember correctly. But, don't fast for the Kaiser 1 hour. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"