3rd Trimester
Options

Tylenol 3

Can you take Tylenol 3 during pregnancy?

I have a huge migraine, checked my blood pressure it was still in "normal" range. 

Re: Tylenol 3

• Options

tylenol in general is fine (the maxium reccomended dosage per day is 4g, which is 2 500mg tables taken every 4-6 hours for a total of 8 tablets per day.)

However, my understanding is that tylenol 3 contains codeine...which is a narcotic... and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable taking a narcotic while pregnant (even though some people opt to have narcotics during labor which I think is scary as it does cross the placenta....)

• Options

If regular tylenol isn't cutting it, my dr generally prescribes T3's or percocet. It's safe, but you have to be careful about taking it frequently, as the baby will develop a dependency quicker than you will, and will suffer withdrawals after birth if he does.

I've been given percocet for my back pain, but I have to stop taking it as of next sunday to give it two weeks to get completely out of my system.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was prescribed Tylenol 3 for migraines. Just check with your doc!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is on my safe list from my ob.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    jagged1jagged1 member

Thanks ladies for your input!

You always know you can count on the Bump Girls! 

• Options
    I wouldn't do it without your doctor's signoff. ?My dr did rx Tylenol w/ Codeine (i.e. Tylenol 3) when I had pneumonia a couple weeks ago, because the pain was unbearable. ?So yes, I believe some drs will rx it. ?But talk to your OB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was also prescribed Tylenol #3 for migranes/headaches that are only associate with my pregnancy (I've never had headaches before).  Definitely check with your OB though if you are concerned and regarding dosages.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Only if your doctor okays it! I had to be on it at the end of my pregnancy with DD due high bp and a headache that would not go away. My doctor said you should only take prescription meds like that only if you are told it's okay. Tylenol 3 has codeine  in it and it can affect your LO's movements. 
  • Options
    my dr. actually prescribed me Ty3 for my migraines. I don't know what I would do with out it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"