Food Allergy

rice cereal/oatmeal question

If your child has MSPI have you found a cereal that doesn't cause constipation issues?  We can't do Gerber obviously because it has soy in it, and have only done Earth's Best.  Both cause her severe constipation but she needs the iron from them.  Any other suggestions?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: rice cereal/oatmeal question

• we also use earths best.

I use Quaker instant oatmeal (original) at work and just checked the ingredients and it might work.. (but you may need to puree the oats)
    "Whole grain rolled oats, oat flour, calcium carbonate, salt, guar gum, caramel color, reduced iron, vatimin A palmitate"

• I use Plum Organics and haven't had issues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Beech Nut does not have soy in it, or Happy Baby (which is what we're using now).
  • Happy Bellies does not have soy or milk in it. It says so right underneath the ingredients list. I know the oatmeal says it doesn't but, from what I remember, I do not think the rice says no dairy and no soy.

This is the kind we bought for DS and his MPSI. We also just skipped right over rice and went to oatmeal since rice constipates him(learned from putting it in his bottles for his reflux. Reflux is also why he has started solids already).

ETA: We get our Happy Bellies @ Target.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why does she need the iron? We didn't even do cereal this last time at all. It's empty carbs in a box as far as I'm concerned and w/ all the intolerances we were dealing w/ it was one less thing to worry about. Many Drs are starting to realize grains are not easy to digest and actually should be introduced last. We just bf till 8 mos and then started real food, chicken and turkey were one of the first food Olivia tolerated and her iron levels were perfect when they checked them at 1.
    Jennifer, wife, CPST, birth Doula, LPN to BSN student, and 3x VBAC mama to AJ (8, Evan (7), Ilana (5),Olivia (2), and 8/24/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"