Military Families

Not a lot of people understand...vent

SO Listen to this gem of a situation! lol I am pregnant and due December 6th, as you can see from my ticker. ?We are up for orders now and are scheduled to move in January, yes with a newborn. ?Problems: We bought a house 2 years ago (because the command told us we'd be here for 5 years) And have since put over $6,000 into it bringing the total we need to sell it for to $149,000......and the houses in my neighborhood are selling for drumroll...... $90,000. Awesome. So looks like we're going to have to rent it out. Also we're trying to stay here not just because we're having a baby, and not just because we obviously are going to have a crappy time with this house but DH's brother is now all of the sudden moving to our town! ?... ?Add to all this that DH is also putting in for the Stay 21 package to try to become an officer so we won't actually find out if we have to move until oh September or October!!!! sigh. Love the uncertainty in the military. ?At least we are blessed to have a baby and have DH go on Shore Duty the next month! Trying to focus on the positives and not stress since there is literally NOTHING I can do about it. ?*sigh* Thanks for the chance to vent!?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not a lot of people understand...vent

• Hi. I wish I could help you but I don't have much advice. All I can say is that we'll be in the same situation as you and I'm expecting also.

We've been stationed in the D.C. area and trying to extend and extend. We saved for years to move out of an apartment for when we could afford it. Our house cost $325,000. He's enlisted. Because of this expensive area, our mortgage is actually way less than our monthly BAH after our HUGE down payment. This year our property value assessed at $208,000.  So basically, if we sold, we'll lose over $100,000.00. We're here for two more years.

We are stuck, too and the thought of renting is scary too. Our place is 20 years old. We take very good care of it, but renters sometimes... don't.

• jb2rnjb2rn member

You aren't alone.

We bought here in 2007 and attempted to sell this spring but even if we got an offer, we would be losing roughly $45,000. Not worth it, so we are renting. And we are moving to Germany, so hopefully the family renting it (also military) will be good to it.

We are moving in three weeks and still don't have orders!

So I hear you.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain!  We bought our house a year ago and almost a year later got orders to move.  Can't afford to sell so we're trying to rent it out, its been empty for 2 1/2 months, so we've been paying rent and a morgage for that time.  Oh and hey, just found out we're pregnant!  Yay for being pregnant, "holy crap" for the rest of it!  I guess the only saving grace is that we're all in good company in this situation!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Could you rent the house to DH's brother?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This housing market sucks :( we got our house for 260 k and it is worth 180k now. We are renting it but lose 500 a month because our taxes sky rocketed when we no longer lived in it. then we pay taxes on the money we make on renting it which pushes us into the next tax bracket. I really wish there was more they can do to help like giving the homestead tax exception to military people or people in general who are hurting because they had to move and can't sell their house. Renters suck but maybe you can find good ones. If he gets sta 21 is there are university in your area he can go to?

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"