Military Families
Options

Update: "DH lacks sympathy"

Thank you so much ladies for all of your kind words of comfort, but I just had to share this.  Last night at about 10:00 pm, I went outside to pick up the cat's food bowl when she comes bounding over the fence, meowing like she hadn't eaten in a year!  I'm so glad she's home!!!  I really didn't think I'd see her again!

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Update: "DH lacks sympathy"

• Options

I am so happy for you! And your kitty! Yay!

Thanks for posting an update. :)

• Options
    imageaundraya:

Thank you so much ladies for all of your kind words of comfort, but I just had to share this.  Last night at about 10:00 pm, I went outside to pick up the cat's food bowl when she comes bounding over the fence, meowing like she hadn't eaten in a year!  I'm so glad she's home!!!  I really didn't think I'd see her again!

Awesome! I am so happy for you!

33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wonderful news!  Maybe you should look into getting her microchipped in case she does disappear again and someone picks her up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSgt M's Wife:
    Wonderful news!  Maybe you should look into getting her microchipped in case she does disappear again and someone picks her up.

I'm actually doing just that :-) 

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options

imageSgt M's Wife:

This, and maybe not let her be an outdoor kitty anymore.  I know that is how you raised her, but someone can easily take her, hurt her, or in some areas become something's dinner.  All of those reasons are why my cats are indoor only cats.  My youngest cat will sit at the door and cry like he is hurt to go outside.  I actually trained him to be on a harness and sometimes we do the leash thing with him.  The only time they go out is when I'm outside too.  We all hang out together.  It took some training, but I know they are safe. 

• Options
    So happy for you!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSheilaE:
    My youngest cat will sit at the door and cry like he is hurt to go outside.  I actually trained him to be on a harness and sometimes we do the leash thing with him.  The only time they go out is when I'm outside too.  We all hang out together.  It took some training, but I know they are safe. 
    I had a rescue (she had a stroke a few months ago - still miss her so much!) who was like that. She'd lived as an outside kittie before she was rescued and she obviously missed it, but it was important to me that she be safe as an inside kittie. We have a second-story patio and planted grass out there for her and gave her a big rock to lay on and sun herself. lol. And I used to let her play in the yard when I was out there too. 

It sucks to see them miss the outdoors, but the extra years of life for them and the knowledge they're safe for us? Totally worth it.

• Options
    She's always been outside during the day and inside at night, but since we moved to on base housing that changed drastically.  She would only go out when I let the dog out, and she would only climb the fence if the dog was bothering her.  In those cases, she's just lay on the other side of the fence.  After this episode, however, you can bet I'm not letting her out unless we're out there too.  She (thankfully) hasn't really seemed that interested in going out since she came home.
  • Options
    That is wonderful news!!  Thanks for sharing.Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"