Cincinnati Babies
Options

Must have

Okay ladies what are the must haves that I need for when I bring baby home??

What is the biggest money waster (if you had it to do over you would not get/never used)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: Must have

• Options

i NEVER used the breast friend breastfeeding pillow....the position that worked best for him was nearly impossible with that thing and we ended up not breastfeeding very long even though i was so for it in the beginning.

our little swing was the BEST thing in the world.  we got the small space saver one from fisher price that also vibrates.  lo had colic and reflux and slept in that little swing next to the bed for the first 3 months of his life (  also then rendering the bassinet useless because he didn't like to sleep flat) 

1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options

Honestly we used most everything we had but some things you definitely dont need right away like an excersaucer, play mat, etc. The things I remember using most were: boppy pillow (we had 2 which came in handy, one to keep out in the living room & one in the nursery), good swaddle blankets (adan & anais were great) & the bassinet was used every night until he was 2 months old. Also pacifiers (we liked the green newborn soothies I think is what they are called), lots of good absorbent burp rags (double ply the 1 ply thin ones are crap) & diapers/wipes & a sleep wedge since DS had reflux.

Honestly at first I found that you don't really need much, Nicholas never really needed or used a swing or bouncy seat like some babies have simply because the swing and bouncy seat we had were way too big for us to use with him (being that he was SO tiny, coming home at 3.5lbs) Nicholas would nap on the floor or couch swaddled and propped in the boppy (always with supervision of course). We were lucky that DS wasn't colicky or anything but he did have reflux but it was managed with medication early on & using a sleep wedge until we got it under control.

Oh and also really random but snag as much stuff as you can from the hospital-- burp cloths, diapers and wipes, ask for paci's, formula samples to have just in case, nipple cream and breast pads, and the BEST nasal aspirators. You seriously wont be able to find a better aspirator in a store. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

pretty much ditto Lauren's post. You don't need much and if you're on a tight budget don't waste money on things like exersaucer/bumbo/etc. Babies are pretty low maintenance at first.

We didn't need much but what I used the most with DD was a newborn--Moby Wrap, Boppy and my breastfriend pillow, boppy brand bouncer, and swaddle blankets.

Good Luck. You're getting SO close.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options

Things we could not live without so far:

Boppy - for all sorts of things, BF, putting him in there to sleep, tummy time

Burp Cloths - needed x3 what we thought we would need

Bouncer Seat - great for when I'm in the kitchen or to put him in the bathroom with me if I get a chance to shower

Soothie pacifers/wubbanub (only ones he will take since that's what they gave in the NICU)

The green grass Boon drying thing (available at Target) ESPECIALLY if you are going to pump - it's GREAT to put your breast pump parts on after washing 

MOBY WRAP!! I use daily!! 

Something I did not think about beforehand that I had to run out & get was a sun shade for my car.

Also this is a link to black & white graphics - I cut these out & put them a long the crib, changing table, anywhere within eye view for him- he LOVES them!!

https://baby.zorger.com/baby.zorger.com.newborn.pdf 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Boppy - take it to the hospital if you are planning to breastfeed.  Wish I would have done that with Ethan :)

Baby sling or moby wrap

Also loved a bouncer for when I was in the shower... we did buy the Fisher Price Rock & Play sleeper for Isabella instead of a bassinet.  I have heard rave reviews about it!!

He will be here before you know it :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"