February 2012 Moms

How did/will you tell?

I'm new around here - too soon to know for sure if I belong but if I do I was wondering how you all did tell your DH/SO the good news? Anything fun, cutesy, cheesy, blunt?

How will you tell your parents/family/friends/in-laws? When will you tell them?

This is my first...if it's there...can you tell?

Re: How did/will you tell?

• We bought DS a Big Brother shirt he will wear next time he sees our parents.
    2 losses June '11 and July '11, forever in our hearts <3<br/> Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Our little guy is having his 2nd birthday next week. We are going to wait until he opens everyone's gifts and then open ours last, which will include a Big Brother t-shirt. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedgphotography:
    Our little guy is having his 2nd birthday next week. We are going to wait until he opens everyone's gifts and then open ours last, which will include a Big Brother t-shirt. 

Aw, I love this! I have thought about doing something similar to both Choicesmom and dg, except with my niece and have her wear a "I'm going to have a cousin" shirt for my fam. For DH's mom/family we might get a grandma frame and put a piece of paper in it that says "Picture coming Feb. 3rd, 2012." Or something like that.

Um, I totally shoved a pee stick in DH's sleeping face. I had a little Marines bib that I planned to give him, but I just gave it to him later. I was so excited, I couldn't wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepennyandandy:

imagedgphotography:
    Our little guy is having his 2nd birthday next week. We are going to wait until he opens everyone's gifts and then open ours last, which will include a Big Brother t-shirt. 

Aw, I love this! I have thought about doing something similar to both Choicesmom and dg, except with my niece and have her wear a "I'm going to have a cousin" shirt for my fam. For DH's mom/family we might get a grandma frame and put a piece of paper in it that says "Picture coming Feb. 3rd, 2012." Or something like that.

Um, I totally shoved a pee stick in DH's sleeping face. I had a little Marines bib that I planned to give him, but I just gave it to him later. I was so excited, I couldn't wait!

LOVE the picture frame idea! And the little t-shirts are always so fun! 

• I was not expecting a BFP so early (9 dpo) so I was too shocked to think of anything cute. I just ran into the bedroom with the pee stick and woke up DH.

I want to get my dog a shirt that says "Big sister" to wear over to my parents house to let them and my little brothers know!

• imagepennyandandy:

For DH's mom/family we might get a grandma frame and put a piece of paper in it that says "Picture coming Feb. 3rd, 2012." Or something like that.

That's exactly what we did for all the grandparents-to-be.  I got frames that say something like "grandchildren are the greatest gift" and put a note inside saying "Dear Grandma, Please reserve this spot for my picture, coming in February.  I can't wait to meet you!  Love, Baby Lastname"

They all LOVED them and we got great reactions.  We just told my brother and SIL over skype (they live overseas) and just came out and told them, we didn't have anything creative planned. 

I did the same thing to DH, he was in a dead sleep and I woke him up with the test : )

• Lena122Lena122 member

I tested while DH was at work and called him right away. Not cutesy or romantic but I just couldn't keep it to myself.

We just ordered little onesies that say "I love Pop-Pop," etc for DH's family. We're going to tell on Father's Day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"