Cincinnati Babies
Options

NBR: Wearing an off white dress to a wedding?

Okay fashionistas, I have a wedding to go to tonight and need some fashion advice.  I have an off white dress that has a black sash and black flower embroidery on the bottom.  It is mostly off white, but the black is a large accent.  Is that okay for a wedding or not?  I have a pink one that I could use instead, but it isn't as flattering (or flattening) to my post baby belly.  What do you think?  I could post a photo to FB if that would help.
Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
imageimage
*Photos by Kacy Cierley*
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: Wearing an off white dress to a wedding?

• Options
    Without seeing it I'd say a black and off white dress is fine, a mostly off white dress I'd stay away from.
  • Options
    I have to say no. Off white is really common for the bride, and sashes are also pretty common right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I'll err on the side of caution and wear the pink.  Thanks!
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsMoher:
    I guess I'll err on the side of caution and wear the pink.  Thanks!

Good choice. I agree with both the ladies above. Bring mostly off-white, the dress would have to be a no for a wedding guest. And lots of brides wear off-white as well as colored sashes.

The pink was the right choice, imo, and I am sure you looked lovely. Plus you get extra points in heaven for putting the feelings of the bride above your own desire to look good. ;) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"