New to The Bump

Reaching Out

Hey there, all - I'm new here. I'm in my second trimester and have just started peeking around to see what's out there in terms of discussion boards. I haven't used discussion boards, or communities, or bulletin boards, or whatever they are called, before, but I feel as if I need to reach out and have some contact somewhere! Until recently, I was a single mom of one - driven, dedicated, hopelessly and endlessly busy. But that all changed, and I'm having a heck of a time adjusting. In the past year, I've moved, become engaged, lost my job and become unemployed for the first time in my adult life, and become pregnant. The pregnancy was planned (my DD was not, so this is new) and, by all standards, life is perfect.

And yet I feel bored and disconnected and just generally "blah." Anyway, I'm hoping I find something here in this little virtual community that will help or - at least - will make me feel less guilty for being so indifferent and unappreciative-seeming.  I know I'm lucky and incredibly fortunate. But this is not something I'm used to and it feels very strange...

Thanks and I look forward to "meeting" some of you!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Reaching Out

• Welcome to the bump! I am in my 2nd tri as well, but I am moving on over to 3rd tri very shortly. The 2nd tri board on the bump can be informative and entertaining but also full of drama. I generally stick to my birth month board as it is a closer knit group of women and we are all supportive of each other. I think you also can get to know the women better because it is a smaller group.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome! If there's anything the women on TB can do it's get people excited about having babies :)

I also stick mostly to my birth month message board (November 2011). You get to know everyone very quickly and it's nice to have friends going through the same things at the same time :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"