Upstate NY Babies
Options

Infant necessities

For you new mamas or 2nd time mamas-to-be, what items are you making sure you have on hand for your newborn?  I have been working on getting our diaper bag restocked and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.  I feel like it was sooo long ago when G was a baby!

Re: Infant necessities

• Options

I have no idea! I feel more clueless this time than last time!

We have diapers and wipes obviously.. some onesies and sleepers.. outfits for the hospital and going home..

I'm trying to figure out what I need BFing wise.. not sure if I will have to start pumping/supplementing early on again or what.. I haven't gotten bottles out of the attic (I did buy some new nipples) and I need to get a new bottle brush since we've used the same one since Eve was born and I think they say to throw out after a month, LOL. I am hoping to take my pump to get cleaned up and stuff today.

I got her new binkys that are different than Eves.. Hopefully she likes them.. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    imageMelissaSue81:

this is how I feel about Sophia.  we had onesies, diapers, sleepers, gripe water, mylicon, lightweight blankets

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejewelsonu:
    imageMelissaSue81:

this is how I feel about Sophia.

It's crazy!  I feel like I was more ready for Gavin than this one.  :)  What's going on with the infant medications, too?  I honestly haven't followed the recall info since Gavin wasn't using it.  I need to look into that again, too.

• Options
    imageJenJar:
    imagejewelsonu:
    imageMelissaSue81:

this is how I feel about Sophia.

It's crazy!  I feel like I was more ready for Gavin than this one.  :) 

Me four!  I think registering makes it a lot easier, because you have a long list of things you need to buy.  This time, I don't remember much of what I need.  I might actually pick up one of those lists they give you when registering at BRU and go down the list and see what I have and what I need to replace.

• Options
    imageolivia_eve:

Me four!  I think registering makes it a lot easier, because you have a long list of things you need to buy.  This time, I don't remember much of what I need.  I might actually pick up one of those lists they give you when registering at BRU and go down the list and see what I have and what I need to replace.

That's a great idea!

• Options

You can access those lists through their website!

I went and took out E's clothes, and have tons of white onsies (I put them under almost everything on cooler days). Swaddle & recieving blankets, pacifiers, bottles/new nipples, diapers, wipes, burp cloths (I use cloth diapers, so much better!), sleepsacks, sleeper jammies...u should just check that list...haha easier than me spouting it all out!

I'm almost READY.....since these babies could come at any time! I hope they wait 'til August though!!!!

• Options
    dle927dle927 member

We walked around BRU today and I left with nothing. I need some receiving blankets  and bibs and I think I'm set.  I'm a lot less frantic now, I think, and realize that DH or I can always run out to get stuff I forgot. 

I did stock up on clothes - I have SO MANY 3 month clothes that I have no idea what I was thinking.  I bought nipples for his bottles, pacifers, diapers and wipes.  His room is 95% finished.  Washed all of the things that he will need that we had from Claire. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jess!cajess!ca member
    I'm glad you posted this!  Even though I am a first timer and have looked at the list from the store, it is still good to hear from experienced moms about what they really used.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"