February 2011 Moms
Options

She plays alone & sleepy question

Is it OK to let her play alone if she isn't fussing for an hour or so?  I feel so guilty if I'm not holding her or interacting with her, but sometimes she seems perfectly content play on her own.

Also, she seems so sleepy today.  She is 3.5 months, and I though she had already gone through her growth spurt.  But the last 2 days, she has been more fussy than usually, and seems to be sleeping a lot during they day.  Any advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: She plays alone & sleepy question

• Options
    I let mine play alone...my husband also commented that he feels a little guilty and she's content.  I like to think that she's taking things in.  My LO is the same age as yours and the same thing is happening....maybe it's the weather or the age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD does the same thing.  She hasnt been fussing if constantly held and is satisfied rocking in her swing by herself and sleeping all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nitalnital member

i don't have time NOT to let babygirl chill by herself.  she's ususlly up by 7, and content to entertain herself in the crib until 10 or 11, with just feedings and diaper changes as necessary.  with 2 dogs, getting the house ready to sell, and packing, that's the only time i can get anything done.

Have you seen my monkey?
  • Options

I think it is important for them to play alone and entertain themselves and if they do it happily for an hour, more power to the parents! When she is playing she is learning by using her senses to figure out things around her, toys, or even her own hands or feet.

I would just let her do her own thing as far as beng sleeping. If you know she has been sleepy more often then I would try to catch her prior to getting tired by watching for cues so you hopefully miss the overly tired fussy stage. DS will have days where he will sleep for hours and hours on end, literally all day. Then he will go back into his normal three 2-3 hour naps her day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageamyk927:
    I let mine play alone...my husband also commented that he feels a little guilty and she's content.  I like to think that she's taking things in.  My LO is the same age as yours and the same thing is happening....maybe it's the weather or the age.

Same age here and same thing happening too! (No guilt tho, DS has always been fairly independent and it's nice to have a break when he plays by himself) 

pumpingmoms.blogspot.com for all your EP needs! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"