Northern California Babies

How do you clean toys?

I've been washing the plastic ones with hot soapy water.  What do you use?  And how do you clean the fabric toys?  Most of them say you can't put them in the washing machine.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you clean toys?

• The hard plastic toys (like stacking cups) I put on the top rack in the dishwasher. For fabric things, as long as they don't have that crinkly stuff or squeakers or anything, I put into a pillow case, tie it in a knot and toss in the washing machine. I remember my mom always washing my stuffed animals that way, works great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The pillowcase idea is genius!  i usually just toss them in the washer anyway, occasionally I'll mes sup a squeaker or something but generally them come out ok, if a bit pilled... I bet the pillowcase would prevent the pilling. 

I wipe our plastic toys down with bleach wipes.  I'm sure that's a horrid and offensive thing to some but it works.  Of course I don't do it while the kids or up or when they'll be playing with them before they are dry.  I am a super fan of the bleach wipe!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I fill up the sink with bleach water. Wash toys in that and the other side is plain water.

I also made some wi[es I use on things that are too big to go in the sink.

Stuffed/fabric toys go in a pillow case in the washing machine or just get tossed in

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What about the plush toys that are also electronic?  DD has a leap frog violet dog and it's getting dirty and I don't know how to clean it. Please Help!
  • imageangelproberts:
    What about the plush toys that are also electronic?  DD has a leap frog violet dog and it's getting dirty and I don't know how to clean it. Please Help!

I hate those toys for this very reason. I make them inside at our house only toys...and I do my best to spot clean like a wet rage with dish soap

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagesoon2Bkranz:

imageangelproberts:
    What about the plush toys that are also electronic?  DD has a leap frog violet dog and it's getting dirty and I don't know how to clean it. Please Help!

I hate those toys for this very reason. I make them inside at our house only toys...and I do my best to spot clean like a wet rage with dish soap

Maybe a carpet cleaner like Folex, it is non toxic. You just spray it on and then wipe with a damp cloth.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"