February 2011 Moms

Have you bought baby sunscreen yet?

Dr. said that he can wear sunscreen but that it should be mineral based.  I had already bought Aveeno baby sunscreen but hadn't used it yet.  She said not to use it because one of the ingredients hadn't been tested much or something along those lines. She recommended 2 brands ...california baby and nutrogena.   Wondering if anyone has used either of these yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: Have you bought baby sunscreen yet?

• I haven't bought sunscreen for her yet, but thanks for the recommendation. :) We're hitting up Knott's Berry Farm on Monday and the bambina is come with.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Yup and I use it all the time! We're in FL and I have a 5 year old so we're outside a lot. Dr. said to be sure to test on an arm or a leg a small spot for reaction and Bella does fine. He said def better to wear than not, and we also have her wear a wide brimmed hat. Baby Silk Babysafe towels are my favorite but they're expensive.  I use those or California baby. :)
    Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My brother is a dermatologist & he ok'd sunblock for DD.  I put Aveeno on her today @ the pool.
  • We use California Baby on DS1. It's good stuff, just expensive.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've used Neutrogena...no problems, although her skin isn't really that sensitive.
  • We are going camping for one day next weekend and I bought the Water Babies brand.,,now Im thinking I should have researched it a bit more. BTW I love CA baby products!
    image     image

image    image

• Have used California Baby since DS was a baby, and will with DD too. LOVE it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought Neutrogena brand but haven't used it yet.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• We were told no sunscreen until Mj is 6 months old. Until then we have to keep him the shade/covered up. 

• our pedi said she'd rather him wear sunscreen instead of getting burnt. She said Aveeno's fine and that's what we've been putting on him
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We've been using Mustela SPF 50. It's 100% mineral and our pedi recommended it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJenniferk08:
    We were told no sunscreen until Mj is 6 months old. Until then we have to keep him the shade/covered up. 

Did they say why? We are going camping next weekend and I plan on keeping Ty in the shade with a sun hat, but I'd still want to put on sun screen as a precaution. 

image     image

image    image

• There is a difference between sunscreen and sunblock.  Babies under 6 months can't wear sunscreen but sunblock is okay.  We bought Neutrogena Pure and Free for our LO.  There was a really good post on this subject on the Bump awhile back.  Definitely good to read: 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/35113032.aspx?MsdVisit=1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Thanks for this post - MIL and I were just discussing this today. We don't live near any stores that carry California Baby products, but I can very likely find the Neutrogena product somewhere...

Since we'll be at a cookout tomorrow for the holiday it's important to me.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our pedi said she we can use it however we should bathe him right after we come in.  She said the lack of research in babies under six months makes her uncomfortable to recommend leaving it on for prolonged periods of time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageksyknelvr73:
    We bought Neutrogena brand but haven't used it yet.

This. Pedi also said no sunscreen, but we are going to Disney for a week and there is no way I'm not putting sunblock on her.

• We bought California Baby but haven't used it yet as the sun has only come out about 3 times this spring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"