Secondary IF
Options

so.freaking.frustrated (WWYD at the end)

So, I spent all morning on the phone trying to find a lab out here that (1) takes my insurance, (2) is open on Saturday, and (3) does their testing in-house and so I will get same-day results.

Then I called in to the RE's office bc I had a question about whether or not I should be on my DHEA right now.  And of course "my" regular nurse is out, and the other one called me back.  Said she talked with the RE "at length", and he thinks all of my positive tests and my positive betas are all just residual from the hCG injections, that I should stop my progesterone, that I am definitely not pg.  She said not to even bother with the test tomorrow because the beta will probably be 15. That my body was just really slow at processing hCG.

Super. 

When I told her that I test out the hCG and for the previous four months, the levels went down to no visible on my ICs by 13/14dpo, but that this month they never went to zero and only got darker again, she said, well, I don't have an answer for you because we don't recommend people do anything like that.

It's bad enough that my body is roller-coastering me, I don't need the dang RE's office messing with me.

So.  If you were in my shoes, would you bother getting a blood draw tomorrow?

Edited: Oh, and would you drink wine tonight at DH's college reunion?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so.freaking.frustrated (WWYD at the end)

• Options

Trust your gut.  You know your body better then any nurse.

Honestly, I'd stray on the side of caution.  If there's any chance you're pregnant, I'd keep up the progesterone, get another blood draw and skip the wine.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  The not knowing can be hell. 

• Options
    I am so sorry!  I really hope that you get a nice, sticky bfp after all of this.  I would definitely get the blood draw tomorrow if you can find a lab that meets all of your criteria.  I would have to know.  I don't know how the RE can say for a fact that all of your positives are residual HCG, how do they know that?  As for the wine, I think that early in pregnancy the baby is kind of protected because the placenta hasn't formed yet so they aren't absorbing as much of the same things as you are.  I think it is safe to at least have a glass.  I am so sorry you are going through all of this! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JMayJMay member

Sheesh.  I'm frustrated for you.  Take this for what it's worth, as I'm in a seriously cranky mood right now, but I would probably get the beta if you can find a lab.  If not, (and this is me) I'd assume it's the universe asking you to wait until Tuesday - keep temping and testing at home though (when do you get back in town?).  Then I'd call the nurse/RE back and stick it to 'em with a BFP.  Wink

Still pulling for you CG!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    Omgosh girl. That is torture. I would skip the wine and probably wait till I came back home for more bloodwork. You best symptom of a bfp is that you don't have af. And she's late right? I know the feeling of having to know. But if you happen to find an office that meets your criteria then go for it. Especially since it'll ease your mind.
  • Options
    TwizzleTwizzle member
    I'm so sorry for this crazy ordeal you're going through, I can't imagine how confusing it is. Out of curiosity who is your regular nurse? I'm going to ask for a different one next time since the one I was assigned to has been less than stellar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"