Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Rock 'n Play Sleeper or FP Bouncer or both?

I got both of these at my shower, but wondering if I really need both?

Which would you keep? Or if you think I need both, why?

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-Snugabunny-Bouncer-Seat/dp/B0042D69XS

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Newborn-Rock-Play-Sleeper/dp/B004C43JHG

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rock 'n Play Sleeper or FP Bouncer or both?

• Options
    romilromil member

imagelrachelle80:
    I'd keep all three.  The Rock n Play is great for LO to sleep next to your bed the first few weeks/months.  Some babies like the bouncers, some babies like the swing.  Some like both - bouncer to play while awake, swing to sleep/rest, or vice versa.  You won't know until your LO is here.  Plus, you might want a bouncer upstairs and a swing in the basement or vice versa. 

Thanks for your feedback!

I guess I should have added that we live in a 2 bedroom apartment - all on 1 floor.

We'll also have a bassinet in our bedroom for the first few months before putting her in the crib. So if the Rock 'n Play is just for nighttime sleeping, I guess I can return that?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would keep all three because they are used for different things and you don't know what your LO will like.

Well, actually I would probably exchanged the bouncer for one more like this. I had a friend that had the one you are showing and it didn't bounce very well and her daughter hated it.  The ones designed like the one I linked bounce very smoothly and you can put your foot on the part on the floor and by lightly pushing down it make it bounce, which is great if you would like to use your hands for something else.

• Options

We have used the Rock-n-Play sleeper for naps since she was little.  In fact we still do.  I'm not looking forward to weaning off that since she's really getting too big for it.

Personally we loved the bouncer.  we put it right by our kitchen table and would sit her in it whenever we were eating, hanging out there.  She still sits there sometimes.  We also brought this when we went over anyone's house for more than an hour.

We borrowed a swing and never really used it.  She's kind of ehh about it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely keep both....you'll need the sleeper at night and the bouncer for entertainment during the day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would keep both.

I have the rock and play, snugbunny swing, but a different bouncer.  I definitely use the rock and play 24/7.  My LO has major spit up issue and can not lay flat.  I'm thinking of buying another one for the sitter when I go back to work.  

The rock and play and a bouncer is totally different to me.  I use the bouncer when she's up and playful.  I mainly use the rocker for sleep.   

I use the swing occasionally when she's really fussy. Its so cute!  

• Options
    Lots of people said they don't really use the bassinet.  Especially if the baby has spit up problem.  The rock and play can be use as bassinet.  
  • Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    I have all three (FP Rock & Play, a bouncer, and a swing).  We have a fairly large house and plan on using the FP Rock & Play down in the living room for naps and outside, etc. It's also supposed to be great to pack up and bring with you if you're going to someone else's house, since it's so light and folds up.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"