Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Planting a tree in rememberance?

My DH who is a big gardener/planter had the idea to plant trees in our yard in honor of our lost twins.  I really wanted to do something special to remember them. I have mostly struggled with worrying that they will be "forgotten." Not by us, of course, but by family members. So, I did some research and found that the Japanese Cherry Blossom Tree is supposed to be a symbol of the fragility of life, so I thought it is perfect. I hope they grow in our area. I think they do.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thomas Edward born January 21, 2011~ 2 months early image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Our Journey: 4 failed IUI's, 1 IVF resulting in Thomas and 2 lost identical twins.

Re: Planting a tree in rememberance?

• Options
    We did. We planted a myer lemon tree. The tree has little green lemons on it now. I check on it every day. I think it's a great idea. Good luck and so sorry for your loss
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EM0704EM0704 member
    We are going to do this! But we waited too late to plant one in the Spring so now we have to wait until Fall (crazy Alabama weather). I also struggle with everyone else forgetting our babies. I too hope this will be a great way to remember them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's really sweet. What a nice idea. I have not planted anything. Nothing seems to grow this part of NC but I wish I could do something like that. I did get a rememberance necklace that I love.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am sorry for your loss!

We are planning to do this as well but haven't yet because we haven't decided what kind to plant.  We moved into a new house at the beginning of April and we just haven't come to a decision.

My brother and SIL gave us a statue that will go under the tree:

https://www.stpatricksguild.com/browse.cfm/sleeping-baby-wrapped-in-angel-wings-statue/4,47080.html

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options
    My in-laws gave us a Japanese Cherry Blossom tree on the day we buried our baby. I love it, and it will forever remind me of our son.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"