Military Families

Questions from my husband...

My husband is in basic (army) and wrote me asking if I would ask you all some questions :)  I really appreciate your help!

1.  What are the most common bases you would be assigned to?

2.  Do they consider the bases on your favorites list or just put you wherever?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions from my husband...

• It all depends on his MOS, some MOS's may not be at every base. It also depends on the needs to the Army, where they need him, he will go. 

As for your favorites, they do take them into consideration, but always be prepared for something not on the list. 

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you!  His MOS is pretty much anywhere
  • Loading the player...
  • The Army may be different, but in the Air Force, after you've been in for awhile, you can search and interview for jobs in your field. At least in D.C., around here, I've noticed a ton of people move from station to station in the area, as there are so many here. But if you don't find anything, I guess you go or deploy wherever they assign you : )

When my husband was an E-4 driving semi trucks in Montana, he got an e-mail for an opening and applied for it, and later got the job. At his work now, when they need new folks, they send out an advertisement. He looks at job descriptions often. For awhile, he wanted to apply for courier jobs.

• If he has a common MOS, he can go anywhere.  The dream list just tells them if you are willing to go OCONUS or to less desirable places.  Even then, they really don't care where you would like to go.  It's all about what the Army needs.  You could stay in GA or you could go to Korea. 
  • rt4lifert4life member

They take you where ever the army needs you.

when I was in AIT I put in for all places on the east coast. (I'm from maryland)

and they sent me allll the way to the other side of the world to FT Lewis (washington state)

But the good thing about the army is that it forces  you to see parts of the world you never would have imagined seeing. :)

FT. Lewis isnt bad at all. it just rains alot. :) its NOT a bad first duty station at all.

If you knew better, you'd do better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"