D.C. Area Babies

ear thermometer

Ladies,

Please recommend or not recommend your ear thermometer..... :-)

Thanks!!!! 

Re: ear thermometer

• We don't use and ear thermometer, we use a Temporal Artery Thermometer.

Basically, you run it accross their forehead and it takes their temp. That way.

We have this one, and they use the same one at daycare.  Our pedi has one that is a much more expensive one, but the same concept.

Plus, they sell it at BRU, so you can use a 20% off coupon to get it.  I'm not sure if they sell it at BBB.

• We tried the ear thermometer but she'd never be still. We switched to the temporal (forehead) thermometer instead. It works really fast and doesn't require her to be still for more than a couple of seconds.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I didnt even think of that......thanks ladies, you can recommend those as well:-)
  • Like Jess08200, we have this thermometer that you run across the forehead.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • well, a search on BRU did not lead me to the one we have, I think DH bought it CVS, it's the kind that you put up to the temple and just hold there for 5-6 secs, it works great b/c we all count out loud together.

• I like our ear one (braun) but if I had to pick a new one (maybe the kids will "break" ours) I would choose the forehead one.
  • imagejess08200:

We don't use and ear thermometer, we use a Temporal Artery Thermometer.

Basically, you run it accross their forehead and it takes their temp. That way.

We have this one, and they use the same one at daycare.  Our pedi has one that is a much more expensive one, but the same concept.

Plus, they sell it at BRU, so you can use a 20% off coupon to get it.  I'm not sure if they sell it at BBB.

We use this as well, and we just had to replace the battery for the first time ever.  Granted, Liam's had a fever like 3 times ever, but it sat on the shelf for the better part of 19 months without needing a new 9v! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"