Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Question about what i'll need to pump at work

Hello.. I'm sorry if this question has been beaten to death but I'd love your opinion and I couldn't find it in the archives.

I'm planning to breastfeed and to continue doing so after I return to work.  I have registered for a high quality breast pump but what else will I need in regards to bottles, steam bags, breast pads, etc?  There is so much out there that it is overwhelming!  Are the medela bottles worth it? What about the storage system? What should I register for?

Any insight would be appreciated! Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about what i'll need to pump at work

• Options

Is it Medela?

I bought a ton of pumping bottles-not Medela though.  You can get those cheapie Gerber or Playtex bottles.  They attach to the pump just fine.

I like the Lansinoh freezer storage bags.  They have a double zipper and can freeze flat.

I suggest getting an extra set of pumping horns for your pump.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

Yes, I think I'm going to go with the Medela..

Thanks for your input! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Having two sets of the pump horns and bottles works really well.  I also liked to use breast pads in case I had meetings or issues come up and leaked a bit because I wasn't able to pump when I normally did.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have five sets of pumping stuff so I just rinse with water when I'm done, then on the weekends, I wash them thoroughly with soap and warm water and then set them out so that everyday I have a pair ready. As PP mentioned, the Gerber bottles are awesome for pumping (they are 12 for 11$ on amazon). My LO doesn't have a nipple preference so she takes the Gerber nipples too. Also, the Evenflo bottles work with the Medela attachment. You can also get some milk bags, I used Lansinoh and got it on Subscribe and Save. I used most of it while I was on mat leave for my frozen stash and now I hardly ever use them as ALL of my milk goes to LO the next day. Breast pads are a must!! I used the Lansinoh brand for the pads too. Apart from that, you should be set!

If I can add, store as much frozen milk as you can because you don't know how things will go when you return to work. Breastfeeding was a cake walk for me and LO started STTN at 6 weeks for 10 hours... I stopped pumping during the night because my freezer was packed and my supply dipped as a result. Now that I'm away from her for 9-11 hours a day, my freezer supply is almost depleted and I can already predict that at 6 mos, we'll start supplementing. Sooo if you can, store as much as you can!

• Options
    A handsfree bustier or bra is a MUST. I'd be terribly unproductive at work if I had to do one side at a time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"