Adoption

Anybody know anything about Lifetime Adoption Center?

DH and I are looking into using their services. Any suggestions?

Re: Anybody know anything about Lifetime Adoption Center?

• I am curious what draws you to them?

We did interview them and I am happy that we chose not to use them.

Knowing what I know now,  I would not recommend any adoption center that has such a high sign up fee.  Also be aware that they are not an agency so you'll have additional fees. 

If you are looking for a facilitator (like Lifetime), I'd recommend several others first that require no or a very little sign up fee. 

Lastly, this is second hand information, but I've been told that their "Available Situations" are actually just situations that might be "typical" for their center.  I don't know how true that is but if it is true, that's a major red flag. 

Consider signing up for the yahoogroup AARD (adoption agency research- domestic) and asking the same question. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • When we first started looking into every resource possible, we received information from Lifetime. I can't remember exactly what I didn't like about them but I do remember being turned off right away (maybe it was the very high fees that were mentioned...I can't remember their fees right now).

We decided to use a consultant instead and if we didn't go with our consultant we would have gone with a national agency.

"A man makes a plan in his heart, but God directs his path." - Proverbs 16:9 My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • We used them and we are all (birthparents included) very happy with them
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"