Two Under 2

Trying to stay optimistic for the next 2 weeks

I'm trying to stay optimistic for the next 2 weeks but this is so difficult and I am trying to continue on as normal for the kids but I'm just frustrated. I went to the dr. yesterday for my monthly check up and he couldn't find the baby's heart beat. I told him about the minor spotting I had (twice, VERY minimal) & he didn't seem concerned. He told me that it just might be to soonto hear the HB and he has me coming back in 2 weeks. He gave me a script for an u/s but told me to wait and go if we can't find the HB in 2 weeks. URGH. I am so frustrated because now I'm sitting here worried that something is wrong and trying to continue on as normal. We had an u/s at 7w4d and we saw the baby and HB. I need to stop using google because I keep finding stuff about missed miscarriages and it has me freaked out.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trying to stay optimistic for the next 2 weeks

• I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I'm NOT trying to freak you out, but I would go get the u/s ASAP. The exact thing happened to me during my first pregnancy (before DS1) which didn't end well. I had to wait the couple of weeks, too, and I think the dr. regretted making me wait afterwards. I have found both my DS's heartbeats on my home doppler around 9-10 weeks, so 11 weeks isn't really too early. You're far enough along that I would want to know ASAP either way, kwim? 

Again, I'm sorry and not trying to upset you...I just kind of think you're too far along to be in limbo for 2 weeks. That's hard, especially with 2 other LO's to take care of. I hope everything is okay!  

Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • imagecaymanbride:

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I'm NOT trying to freak you out, but I would go get the u/s ASAP. 

THIS.

Your OB is an @sshat.

There is no way an OB should make you wait 2 weeks when not detecting a HB.  He should have sent you that day or the next day.

Call back.

Tell them you're a basket case and need that u/s NOW.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I'm kind of feeling the same way. I think I might just play dumb and schedule my u/s since I have the script anyways. It's at an office my dr. sends his patients to. I'll just tell him "I thought you said to have my u/s and then come see you in 2 weeks" The only thing that's kept me hanging on the past day is my best friend was formerly an u/s tech (SAHM now) and she told me because I have a tipped uterous he prob. won't hear it til week 13, she had the same problem. BUT I told her she had peace of mind because when he didn't hear her DD's she just went & had a co-worker scan her the next day. He also is not 100% on my EDD. According to my 1st u/s I am 11w today. According to my LMP date I'm 10w today. I got pregnant on the pill, that's why there's a discrepency (sp?) on dates.
  • StefB28StefB28 member
    Many docs will say that they don't expect to hear the hb with a doppler until at least 12 weeks (I had a doc tell me on Mon at 14 weeks that she wasn't sure if she'd be able to hear it!)-- but like PP's said, I'd go get the u/s now! No need to torture yourself with worry for two weeks!
  • 11 weeks is still really early. Many doctors wont even attempt to hear a HB with the doppler at that point. I wouldnt be overly considered, however ditto the PP that it was wrong of your OB to make you wait. When my OB couldnt find baby's HB, I was sent for an u/s immediately.

I had this happen multiple times with both pregnancies (even well into 2nd tri-my babies were both low and hid well!) and I had good outcomes both times.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And FWIW, I also have a tipped uterus and heard both my boys' heartbeats before 10 weeks on my home doppler. And my OB would NEVER make me wait like that. She wheeled in the portable u/s machine just to double check for Cooper when she couldn't find his h/b on her doppler (and I'd already found it at home). 

Please keep us updated! 

Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • this happened to my friend and the OB grabbed the u/s machine and checked right there....you should go in. I would. There is no way I could wait 2 days, let alone 2 weeks. Please go, who cares what he says, he's a guy. No uterus, no opinion ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"