Minnesota Babies
Options

car seat law question

I am planning to do most of the daycare pickup, however DH will probably need to pick up occasionally as well.  The trouble is, he drives a work van during the day so he would need to pick her up in that.  He does not have a back seat.  Is it even legal for him to put a car seat in his front seat if his van doesn't have any back seats?  If it is legal, does he need to remove the airbag from the passenger seat as well?  Does anyone know how this works?

TIA 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: car seat law question

• Options

if there is an override for the airbag (most pickups can turn the airbag off by using their key), the seat can be in the front if the airbag is off. 

If there is no override, you're going to have to work out a different arrangement. While technically an airbag CAN be disabled by a mechanic, most mechanics won't actually do it because of liability issues. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have no idea on the airbag portion.

But have your DH check into being able to put LO in the car. DH has a work van provided by his company. He is not aloud to have anyone in his van except employees. If he was to get pulled over it would be big trouble!

"imageimage
    The big sister, and Momma 30 weeks along with baby sister
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Food Blog, Family and Baby Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Who would he be in trouble with?  Is it a company policy or something more? 

• Options

imageVeittobe:
    Who would he be in trouble with?  Is it a company policy or something more? 

DH's is a company policy because of insurance. The company carries the insurance and they don't insure others in the car. So if he was to be pulled over or in an accident. He could get in big trouble and lose his job.

"imageimage
    The big sister, and Momma 30 weeks along with baby sister
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Food Blog, Family and Baby Blog
  • Options
    If it's a no-go on the company vehicle because of company policy, it's a no-go no matter what ...  Most pickups don't have a back seat, so the issue of only one other seat is mute.  The issue comes with his company.  He's either going to have to pick the kiddo up on time and wait for you to get there or he's going to have to stop at home to pick up one of your vehicles and go pick them up with that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No company policy to worry about in our case.  

He will not be doing daycare drop off or pick up very often - only if something comes up that I can't get there.  I'm just checking to be sure it's not illegal for him to do so. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"