Baby Names

Middle name for Ellamae?

My cousin is naming her little girl Ellamae.  Ella from an aunt and Mae from another aunt.  She needs a middle name that would fit with this name though and I had not clue... Any suggestions for her?  Thanks!
Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Middle name for Ellamae?

• ames71ames71 member
    This makes me think of Elly May Clampett.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have no idea... She was also throwing around Gracelynd, which reminded me of graceland so I at least thought that Ellamae would be a tad better? 
    Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagePhilsWife07:
    Ellamae? That looks like a hot mess. Why not just Ella Mae?

Ehh... this.

• sraexxsraexx member
    I love Ellamae though think Ella Mae would work best.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree... Ella Mae would be best. Even though Mae would be her middle name, she could still go by Ella Mae. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKearaD:
    I agree... Ella Mae would be best. Even though Mae would be her middle name, she could still go by Ella Mae. 

AGREED

• I prefer Ella Mae (and legally this can be done without having Mae as a MN.  I have a friends whose name is Anna Lynn as her first).  Regardless, that isn't what you asked.  I think a simple middle name would work best.  I like Jean or Grace with Ella Mae.
  • kiwi443kiwi443 member

I also prefer Ella Mae. It's a beautiful name.

Ellamae Gracelynd is simply awful.

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • HeyJuneHeyJune member

Ella Mae = nice name

Ellamae = really country to me, like the Clampetts

I think it has something to do with where the emphasis is when it's all blended together versus separated out.

• imagePhilsWife07:
    Ellamae? That looks like a hot mess. Why not just Ella Mae?

ita

• imageKristina052707:
    I have no idea... She was also throwing around Gracelynd, which reminded me of graceland so I at least thought that Ellamae would be a tad better? 

If that's the case Ellamae sounds as classy as Elizabeth! Indifferent

Okay... I'll roll with it.

Ellamae Savannah

Ellamae June -lol.... after I typed I realized its May June

Ellamae Rose

Ellamae Kathryn

The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • What's wrong with Ella Mae as her first/middle name? I think that sounds adorable.
  • imageChelseaCC:
    What's wrong with Ella Mae as her first/middle name? I think that sounds adorable.

ITA 

• Ellamae is okay, but Ella Mae is really cute.
  • imageKearaD:
    I agree... Ella Mae would be best. Even though Mae would be her middle name, she could still go by Ella Mae. 

Agree

DD's name is Ivy Mae and I would say about half time we call her by her full name.

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• imagetcline:

imageKearaD:

AGREED

Yep! That was my great grandmother's name. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Or have two "middle" names-- Ella Mae ____

• I think Ella Mae is much better - and I would just always say her full name, it is a really pretty name (when put like this).
    Anniversary

• I would really encourage Ella Mae ... or even Ella-Mae would be better than Ellamae. 
    You're right though, it's definitely better than Gracelynd; yikes!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Zombie thread?

• I don't like the way the smoosh name looks.

With DD1 we named her Shelby Kate as her fn and then chose a family name as her mn. If I didn't have a family name that I really wanted to pass along then I would have just named her Shelby Kate with no mn.

Ella Mae looks so much better than Ellamae.

Also, isn't your daughter Ella Marie? Isn't Ella Mae a little too close to that? I know you said you were cousins, but if you are asking for her here you both must be pretty close friends?

• jburdet1 said:

I don't like the way the smoosh name looks.

With DD1 we named her Shelby Kate as her fn and then chose a family name as her mn. If I didn't have a family name that I really wanted to pass along then I would have just named her Shelby Kate with no mn.

Ella Mae looks so much better than Ellamae.

Also, isn't your daughter Ella Marie? Isn't Ella Mae a little too close to that? I know you said you were cousins, but if you are asking for her here you both must be pretty close friends?

This is an old thread but I'm thinking perhaps she was asking for herself and not a cousin since she ended up with a daughter named Ella Marie about nine months after this was posted....

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"