Baby Showers
Options

"Meet the Baby" Party Locations?

Help! I am looking for some "Meet the Baby" party locations that would be good for one of several theme options:

1. Tea Party theme for just ladies or

2. a "Welcome Home Baby-que" theme for couples (possibly needing a venue that will BBQ food for us or serve from a BBQ menu)

3. an idea from you

We are throwing our own Party for our soon to be adopted baby.  I need lot's of suggestions!! :-)

Thanks

Re: "Meet the Baby" Party Locations?

• Options

Congratulations on the adoption!  What a blessing.

I see you're new to the Bump, and you may be new to baby showers as well.  A shower is a gift from someone - a relative or close friend - to the new mother-to-be.  It would raise a lot of eyebrows (in a bad way) for someone to throw their own shower.

You can, however, host your own Meet The Baby party.

• Options

I agree with PP, if you're throwing it yourself, do not call it a shower.  It's a Meet the Baby or a Sip and See.

Also - are you sure that none of your friends plan to throw you a shower?  When I've known people that adopted, we waited to throw the shower after they had the baby because of the uncertainty that sometimes surrounds an adoption.  I would definitely check with close friends and family to make sure that one isn't already in the works before planning my own event.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not from your area so I can't make any specific suggestions, but you can look into BBQ-style restaurants to see if they have a catering room or if they do off-premise catering that you can serve at another venue (like a field, someone's yard, etc...).  You should also look into VFW halls or fire dept halls.

Check out your local Bump board for specific location suggestions that might work. Congrats on the adoption! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"