Northern California Babies
Options

NBR: What kind of deoderant do you use?

Somedays I feel like mine makes me stink more than if I would have skipped it all together. With summer here (well, sorta), I probably don't want to skip the deoderant. What kind do you like?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: What kind of deoderant do you use?

• Options

I use secret, although I'm tempted to try the clinical dry or whatever they call it (secret brand)

I've used Certain Dry in the past and it works well.

• Options

I've bounced around the last 10 years 'er so.  With age and children, body chemistry changes.

I was strictly a Secret gal.

Then during pregnancy I needed something more and couldn't stomach the scent, so I moved to Mitchum unsceneted.  I went with the gel at that point.  I liked that it actually dried and I got the sense the stink was being sealed in - looking back, not sure how healthy it was, but it worked for a time.

After pregnancy, I was sweating like a stuffed pig while breastfeeding and needed more than just a thin layer of unscented gel.  I tried Degree Ultra something.

It worked for a while, but eventually I moved on to Dove which I wasn't in love with, but worked fine.

Then I stooped down low on the shelves and reached for Ban Unscented roll on.  Yup.  Something that reminds you of the early 70's, and Nair Commercials (who wears short shorts?) is my brand.  It's light.  Once dry, doesn't leave smudges on my clothes. And it works.  I don't sweat unless I'm trying to work up a sweat, kwim?  And no odors that I can tell, and definately no fake perfumey thing either.

I've heard that the Dove for Men actually works really well and doesn't smell overly manly, but that's not from my own experience.  Nothing like bathing in some Old Spice to control your pits, right?  LOL 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a huge sweater!  I've used several kinds, including the Secret Clinical Strength, but have never found any of them to really keep me from sweating.  Now, I use Certain Dry at night and then a regular stick during the day.  I only use the Certain Dry every other day or so...it works really well!  I like to use the regular stick during the day just in case but rarely do I sweat because of the Certain Dry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I buy this desert essence brand stuff called Dry By Nature. I love it so much. It has no aluminum but it is an antipersperant. I sweat a lot too and I think it works well. 
  • Options

I've always had sweating issues and so I have used certain dry in the past, and it works...trust me it works.  But I found that I would smell more when I used it.  So I used a stick during the day instead of just the certain dry at night.  That worked.

Then when I was in the academy I quit the certain dry, not entirely sure why, but I stopped sweating except when I was working out...and had no smell even when sweating so I just wore basic degree.  When I got pregnant I continued just that since I was not having sweating or smell problems...

Now....

I stink half the time (DH disagrees but I feel like I smell myself).  I am sweating more now too.  ick.  So I am going back to certain dry and a stick.  I use the degree orange cranberry or something fragrence and it works better than any other I have found...something about the orange and cran really change things.

I will also watch this thread. 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use Dove (unscented - the one for sensitive skin), but now I'm going to try out that Desert Essence one that Amy mentioned. I sometimes have to switch up my deodorant routine when it seems like the old one isn't working as well anymore.
  • Options
    I am glad to know it's not just me that continuously has to flip flop between deodorants.  It's rather annoying.  Right now I'm using ban, and it's not working as well as I would like during PG, so I've been putting on some ban then secret on top.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have tried everything and the only one that works for me is Secret Smooth Effects Conditioning Solid.

It's a creamy formula. The sticks and the clear don't help. It is sometimes hard to find. Double check under the cap that it has a sticker over it. The clear to me smells funky after a while with the combination of body chemistry and deodorant.

https://www.secret.com/Smooth-Effects.aspx
  • Options

I am so glad that you posted this. I've been meaning to ask the very same question for the last month...every time I put deoderant on I think" I need to poll my nesties cuz i hate mine".

I've bounced from secret to degree to ban. Secret doesn't work for me anymore and neither does degree.  I haven't used ban in a while but I used to like it when I went out all the time.  I've also used dove (didnt' really work for me) and now I'm not sure WHAT to try.  The scents drive me crazy so I usually stick to the powder scent.  Not sure why. 

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I use Dove "Fresh".
  • Options
    CABunnyCABunny member
    Showertreatsoap on Etsy.  Highly recommend.  :)
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

imageMrsJulieT:
    See I think this is baby related. My body chemistry has changed since having kids. My feet stink and well no deoderant would just be bad, very bad. I use clinical strength and I still don't think it does the job. I switch up the brand between secret and dove.

THIS.  I am so embarassed to say... i now have stinky feet every since becoming a mom.  And i sweat like a pig... and I mean sweat, visible, yucky sweat =(

I switch up the brand once in a while and find that it helps (kinda like switching up your shampoo?) .  I was completely a Secret girl for many many years, then i switched to Lady Speed Stick (i know old school right?) and now I am using Degree and will switch to Secret next...

I am so glad that we can share things like this on this board, where else would i be able to openly talk about my stinky feet and pits?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Options
    I've been using Secret Clinical Strength.  So far it seems to be working pretty good for me. 
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Options

I've been wearing deodorant since I was 5 and most brands don't work on me.  I need aluminum chlorohydrate and not many brands have it.  I use suave roll on baby powder scent which I can only find locally at wal-mart, so I go, buy all the containers they have, and then don't have to go back for a while.

Since I can find it so few places, I worry that suave is going to stop making it.

• Options
    imagemommy2jay:

brand once in a while and find that it helps (kinda like switching up your shampoo?) . 

I totally agree.

I used Dove for a long time, then Secret Clinical Strength for a few years, then maybe Degree and now regular Secret.  I hate that I have to scrub it off at night in the shower, I never feel like I get it all the way off. I wish all brands/scents/types had sample sizes. One stick lasts me forever... Maybe I will try Ban this time around, or one of the natural brands.

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm so glad we have a place to talk about all of this lovely stuff too :-)

• Options
    secret - flawless renewal (a newer type)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"