North Carolina Babies

Is it Friday yet? Just a vent.

No, wait, maybe I am not ready for the weekend either.

It has been one of those weeks.  I think the only day I have made it through a full day of work was Tuesday and I honestly don't even remember what happened that day?

Monday I got a call from daycare asking if Ben was allegic to bees.  We have no idea because he has never been stung before so I race over there scared to death because I am terribly allergic to them and they are one of my biggest fears because of how allergic I am.  His whole hand was starting to swell so we go to the dr.  Luckily, he is fine.  No major allergy.  But the dr. said reactions get worse as we get older so he is likely to follow my footsteps. 

Tuesday I made it!

Wednesday I have to go to the dr. for my nasty rash.  I realize last night that she gave me stuff to make it feel better temporarily but nothing to treat it!  Thank goodness I had already scheduled an appointment for blood work.  My phone also died around 8 and I didn't bother recharging it yet.  I ended up not recharging until 11:30 and when it came up I had a voicemail from my dad saying to call him back no matter what time it is.  He was already asleep but I think I know the news.

This morning my dad calls me back.  It is uncertain that the news is final but I get more details.  Hospice has called everyone to basically say the final farewells to my great grandmother.  My dad didn't talk to my grandparents because he knew they had had a long night, but if it didn't happen last night it will be VERY VERY soon.  She hasn't had any food or drink for a week and has fluid on her lungs.  I go back to the dr. for me and finally get some form of relief in a nice anti-itch cream (why did I not get this yesterday???) and a treatment! Woohoo!

Friday, oh Friday.  Please treat me right.

I have a bad feeling there is a funeral this weekend.  I am also terribly worried about my grandfather too because he is dealing with stage 4 cancer and now his mother is passing.  I know it is going to stress him, hurt him, worry him and I am just so scared for him.

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it Friday yet? Just a vent.

• That was long.  If you made it through my ramblings, I <3 you! 

Sorry, would you rather have cake? Cake

• so sorry its been such a rough week and I'm sorry to hear yoru great grandma isn't doing well. I will keep everyone in my prayers esp. your grandpa with all he's got going on!! ***HUGS***
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • cmbrowncmbrown member

Sorry for the rough week.  I am ready for the weekend too.  Allie and I were home sick Monday-Wednesday.  Her with an ear infection and strep and me with strep.  She was acting back to normal yesterday.  We are back at work/school today and I feel like CRAP. 

This weekend I am a race widow, because David will be gone from 9am-midnight or later at the races/tailgating.  Really hope I'm feeling better so I can enjoy swimming and hanging out with the neighbors.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmbrown:

Sorry for the rough week.  I am ready for the weekend too.  Allie and I were home sick Monday-Wednesday.  Her with an ear infection and strep and me with strep.  She was acting back to normal yesterday.  We are back at work/school today and I feel like CRAP. 

This weekend I am a race widow, because David will be gone from 9am-midnight or later at the races/tailgating.  Really hope I'm feeling better so I can enjoy swimming and hanging out with the neighbors.

I am sorry you are having a bad week as well.  Must be something about this week for a lot of people.  Yuck! 

• Sorry you have had such a rough week. I have to go to a funeral on Sunday for a friend's Dad who passed away yesterday. :( I hope your week starts improving today. 
  • imagemrsNnearly:
    Sorry you have had such a rough week. I have to go to a funeral on Sunday for a friend's Dad who passed away yesterday. :( I hope your week starts improving today. 

Thanks so much.

Friday, unfortunately, has not been better.  I got the call first thing this morning that she had passed.  I am much more upset over it than I thought I would be.  I guess it doesn't matter how expected it is, it is still upsetting.  I am closer to her than you would probably imagine of a great grandparent.

I hope you get through the funeral you have to attend okay.  That sounds like a very difficult situation as well. 

• I'm sorry to hear about your great grandmother. Sad *hugs*

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• cmbrowncmbrown member
    I'm sorry sorry Angelpak.  Big hugs to you.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"