Northern California Babies
Options

If you've been fitted for running shoes...

I am finally going tomorrow to get fitted. Can someone let me know a little of what to expect? Situations like this make me nervous, I don't like going in "blind". I know, it is silly, it's just shoes and feet...
Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The Blog | BirthbyKellyM

Re: If you've been fitted for running shoes...

• Options
    I went to Fleet Feet and they had clean socks they put on me then the guy measured my feet (can't remember if he measured my feet w/ or w/o socks.) He took my sitting foot measurement then me standing (who knew it was a whole shoe size difference.)  Was very precise measuring the width of my foot too.  He watched me walk without my shoes on to see how my looks when walking and a bit of jogging.  Then he brought out a few different pairs and I tried them all on.  Walked around both inside and outside the store.  I also got some insoles for my shoes because I know that my arch is falling and he could tell too by my walk.  
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Options

Depends on where you go...

If you go to Fleet Feet in Pleasant Hill: they'll talk to you about the type of terrain you'll be running on- indoors, outside, pavement, trail. They'll ask you what your goals are and have you jog around the store while they check out your stride and foot strike. They will then bring you a variety of shoes to have you try on and jog around the store in (you might feel silly running around the store but it's super important to see what the shoes really feel like). 30 day return/exchange policy if you don't like them.

If you go to Road Runners in Concord: they'll have you run on a treadmill for a few minutes while they video tape your stride and foot strike. They'll also have you walk over a computerized pad that will assess your arches. Then they'll bring out a variety of shoes to see which ones you think fit you best. 60 day return/exchange policy if you don't like them/don't think they fit right.

For a first fitting, either of these stores would be best. Sports Basement is a good place to go if you already know what type of shoe you are looking for. They'll fit you as well but it is much more informal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would also suggest bringing in your last pair of running shoes so they can see the wear - it sometimes helps them know what shoes will work best for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"