TTC after 35

P4 is 11.7-- RE says ok... TCM Dr. says not ok

I had my pooled progesterone test done this cycle, and the average came back at 11.7, which apparently by the RE standard is fine (though from what I understand about this, it is just over the threshold). I told this to my TCM Dr., and she did not really think it was high enough.

Such as it is, I will be trying to improve it the TCM way and not with progesterone supplementation, since the RE thinks it is fine-- they are not prescribing me anything.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

Re: P4 is 11.7-- RE says ok... TCM Dr. says not ok

• Hi-

I can't comment on the p4 # as I don't know what mine has been but... I drink an herbal tea from my Acu DR (powder) and go to Acupuncture every other week (did once a week but practioner said 2x month is good now) I love chinese medicine!

I will tell you also that I have low amh .17 and ok fsh around 7. I did take femara this go round along with a hcg shot to ensure ovualation (i usually o on my own though)

I am confident that the acu and tcm helped tremendously. I had 3 immature follicles on my left ovary at u/s and 3 on my right 2 of which were mature at trigger. My lining measured 8.3mm.

have you had acup/herbs before or are you just starting it?

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I did acu and herbs before I found out I have endometriosis and had surgery. Now that I am post lap, I have started them up again. I had FSH/AMH tested during my first stint using TCM, and those numbers were all pretty good. In any case, I am thinking if I continue to do acu and herbs, my progesterone and semi-short leuteal phase should improve. Who knows maybe this is my month for a BFP... (kind of doubtful-- but I am in the 2WW (or rather 11 day wait) right now).

DS born 07/29/12

• Loading the player...
  • My progesterone was a bit lower, but still over 10 so technically normal. However, I have very light cycles, my period usually only last 3 days, which according to my acupuncturist is short in the chinese medicine world. 

I still wonder if this is part of our underlying problem, my LP is only 10-11 days without progesterone. It didn't improve with acu, but who knows how many people who get pregnant without trouble have short LP's and just don't know it because they aren't obsessive about their cycles like I am.  

I'm curious to hear how the herbs and acupuncture work for you. Since we are on a treatment break for a few months, I'm thinking of working more intensely with my acupuncturist, see if she can figure out what is wrong. Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetst1998:
    I still wonder if this is part of our underlying problem, my LP is only 10-11 days without progesterone. It didn't improve with acu, but who knows how many people who get pregnant without trouble have short LP's and just don't know it because they aren't obsessive about their cycles like I am.  

I'm curious to hear how the herbs and acupuncture work for you. Since we are on a treatment break for a few months, I'm thinking of working more intensely with my acupuncturist, see if she can figure out what is wrong. Good luck! 

I think you and I have pretty similar cycles-- and I am probably similarly obsessive over tracking them, too.

My LP is also 10-11 days on average, and my period is only 2-3 days of light flow followed by 2-3 days of spotting. This pattern so far has not been changed by the removal of my endometriosis.

I will see how/if my LP changes with acu and herbs. Though, I am hoping that I never have to find out by getting KU in the meantime... When I told my TCM Dr. about my P4, she quickly revised whatever herbs I was taking, and the acu places were different, so she does think she can do something about it.

DS born 07/29/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"