VBAC
Options

C/Ss on TLC?

Is it just me or does it seem like 3 out of 4 births on TLC are c/s? I mean, are they just trying to represent the population of people who have given birth and are using the rising c/s rates? I used to love watching those shows to (crazy, I know) help me prepare for labor/birth. Obviously not medically, but emotionally/mentally. And when it is a RCS, it seems like there is always some reason that VBAC isn't an option. Is it just me?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: C/Ss on TLC?

• Options

I have not seen a vbac on any of those shows.  A woman attempted one on Baby's First Day earlier this week but ended up with another c/s.

This board should start their own vbac show.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I saw a VBAC once on that show that the name escapes me.  There are 3 or 4 women OB/GYNs and it follows their practice and a bit of their personal lives?  Does this ring a bell to anyone?

I saw that show when I was pregnant, so it was great to see.  But yes, they send people for CSs a lot on those shows.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMAprincess:

I saw a VBAC once on that show that the name escapes me.  There are 3 or 4 women OB/GYNs and it follows their practice and a bit of their personal lives?  Does this ring a bell to anyone?

I saw that show when I was pregnant, so it was great to see.  But yes, they send people for CSs a lot on those shows.

Deliver Me -- that is the show.

• Options
    imageMAprincess:
    imageMAprincess:

I stopped watching Deliver Me when one of the doctors went on about how a RCS in generally much more safe than a VBAC.  They are clearly not a VBAC friendly practice.

• Options
    One of the biggest reasons they hardly show any VBACs on 'A Baby Story' is because most of them are filmed in NJ and NJ has the highest c/s rate in the country.  I live in NJ and had both of my children at a hospital with a 47% c/s rate.  It's no wonder I had a c/s with my first and nothing short of a miracle that I was able to VBAC 11 days ago. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedisbride061103:
    imageMAprincess:
    imageMAprincess:

I stopped watching Deliver Me when one of the doctors went on about how a RCS in generally much more safe than a VBAC.  They are clearly not a VBAC friendly practice.

Wow, I didn't see that one!  The VBAC that I saw was the main delivery on that episode and they discussed it the entire time like they were supportive of it.  The baby came out almost before the doctor came in the room, so maybe they assumed they'd push her into a CS at the 11th hour (and didn't share it with the viewers)?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"