January 2011 Moms
Options

Poor Guy :(

He got his second set of shots today and has been crying most of the day.  It seems like these were way worse than the first ones.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poor Guy :(

• Options

Hope your DS feels better soon!

This round was better for us. DD cried half the car ride home before conking out. When we got home I have her tylenol right away. Then she took a nap, woke for her usual bottle. I gave her another dose of Tylenol just in case (2 months shots were *horrible*, so I wasn't taking any chances), but she acted normal the whole day.I was really surprised she reacted so well this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Her 2nd were better short-term... she'd stopped crying by the time I picked her up for hugs, while the first time she cried for 2-3 minutes (I know, she's the easiest baby ever, heh).  First time, she had a crying jag for about 20 minutes later that evening and slept pretty much the next day or so.  Second round she was assy and fussy the next two days, and her injections were way more tender, which meant crying at diaper changes when I inevitably hit them somehow.  She also ran a slight fever, which is supposed to be good in terms of fostering immune response, but it made her whiny.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebroccolitree:
    Her 2nd were better short-term... she'd stopped crying by the time I picked her up for hugs, while the first time she cried for 2-3 minutes (I know, she's the easiest baby ever, heh). 

He was awesome this time around... never even acted like he had shots. No sensitivity, crying, fever, nothing. I couldn't believe how good he was. Definitely doesn't have his daddy's pain tolerance. ;)

• Options
    bethylabethyla member
    I am really jealous of all of your positive experiences. He is sleeping now, so hopefully it will be better when he wakes up!
  • Options
    Aww, poor little thing! We havent had her 2nd set of shots yet. I hate when they have to get shots. The way they cry when they are in paint is the worst!
  • Options
    Nicole seemed to be more sore after the second round of shots. She also ran a bit more of a fever. She seemed to get better about 24 hours later though. Poor little thing... hope your guy feels better soon!!!
    Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
  • Options

Hm, I never take his temperature. Well, I do but it's never the same with the stupid under arm thermometer I have.

But as for shots, I give Tylenol after and think it helps so much. 

• Options
    oh no! hope he feels better soon! ours aren't until next week- I hope they go well.  :(
  • Options
    Ben only cried for a second this time. He took two really good naps that day, but otherwise acted like nothing happened.
  • Options
    oh no!!!! Poor baby! I hope he gets feeling better soon. Even though they said the shots Simon got at 4 months were exactly the same as his 2 month shots, he got a nasty high fever that evening. (he hadn't had any reaction the 1st time around) Sad Really hope your little guy feels better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"