Northern California Babies

So...my late (and slightly AW-ish) CW

Obviously comments are ok, and words of encouragement are also welcome because our bills are about to more than double. The confession part is that I'm pretty terrified of what this will mean financially. I know it will be a good move, but things are going to be pretty tight for us for the next couple of years until I finish my masters and start working again. It all works out on paper so I know it's going to be ok, but I'm still freaking out!

So at the risk of jinxing the whole thing, here goes...we're buying a house! We toured it along with 2 others on our 5th anniversary, which was 3 weeks ago this Friday. We liked it so much that we put in our offer right away, also because we knew they were having an open house that weekend and wanted to be first in line. Our offer was on the lowball side, but we were hoping we'd get the sellers to meet us in the middle. We countered back and forth several times but they finally accepted our final offer late Tuesday night! And it wasn't a moment too soon - they received another offer like an hour after accepting ours. I got the call from our REA with the happy news while I was still in bed!

We've been officially looking since March and of all the houses we've seen, this is the only one where we wouldn't be making a single major compromise. It's in the perfect location, is the right size, nicely updated but with original charm, nice yard, fruit trees, move-in ready, walking distance to lots things including the school Kyva will attend and an awesome park, etc. etc. (Ha - can you tell I've been reading lots and lots of real estate listings?) So inspections are happening this Tuesday and if all goes according to plan we'll close on 6/24. Exciting but EEK!

And because we all love PIPs, here's one of the front:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So...my late (and slightly AW-ish) CW

• Yay! Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congratulations, that is so exciting!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • EmmieBEmmieB member

I concur. It IS the perfect location ;-)

As for the money...we could all stand to be more frugal. I'll help you stick to your budget if you help me stick to mine!

• yay! congrats, great front lawn!

• That is wonderful! Congrats!!!
  • Woo Hoo!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

See, the right one came along. =) So, what are the stats? beds, baths, sq ft, etc.

We close on Tuesday so I definitely know the feeling of anxious anticipation and cautious optimism, with a large dose of holy crap what did we just do, lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • cool! Congrats!

• Ooooh yay!  Congratulations!  I'm dying to know the details and where you bought. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Zoe, that's awesome! Congratulations! Sounds totally ideal. I'm jealous! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So exciting and terrifying at the same time! Congratulations Z!!
  • Even though you've posted about looking I totally thought this was going to be a PG announcement.  :)  Congratulations on the successful search.  I can't wait to hear the details and where this new magical place is (good school and great parks?).  ;)
  • Zoe, that is so great!! I'm so excited for you and your little family, what a cute house.

Is it near where you live now?  I'm dying to hear more about it...Big Smile

• Thanks everyone! It's in San Jose (Willow Glen), 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, ~1500sqft. Less than a 10 minute walk from EmmieB's place. The park it's near is River Glen park, which is 4 blocks away. 1 mile from downtown WG. We'll definitely host a GTG when we get all settled in (providing that everything works out the way it should with inspections, financing, etc.). Fingers crossed!
  • I know it's totally scary, right? I know that we were terrified (and excited) with our first house and it worked out great.  :)  And you couldn't ask for a better closing day, ours closed on that same date 5 years ago this year. (OMG - have we REALLY been in this house for 5 years?)
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Congratulations, that's awesome!!
  • EmmieBEmmieB member

imageZoeMay06:
    Thanks everyone! It's in San Jose (Willow Glen), 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, ~1500sqft. Less than a 10 minute walk from EmmieB's place. The park it's near is River Glen park, which is 4 blocks away. 1 mile from downtown WG. We'll definitely host a GTG when we get all settled in (providing that everything works out the way it should with inspections, financing, etc.). Fingers crossed!

also close: CalTrain/VTA/Amtrak station :-)

• imageZoeMay06:
    Thanks everyone! It's in San Jose (Willow Glen), 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, ~1500sqft. Less than a 10 minute walk from EmmieB's place. The park it's near is River Glen park, which is 4 blocks away. 1 mile from downtown WG. We'll definitely host a GTG when we get all settled in (providing that everything works out the way it should with inspections, financing, etc.). Fingers crossed!

We really liked River Glen when we lived in the 'hood.  If you are close to the park that means you are also close to the new Fresh and Easy.  :)  Yay for the return of a grocery in that neck of the woods.

• Super congrats!!  House hunting definitely proved to me that one has to trust in the universe...we put in offers on five or six houses that didn't work out, which was exhausting and frustrating, but then we stumbled into the most perfect house of them all for our family.  Way to stick with it and find your perfect place!  Now you can move on to packing.  :)  
  • I know I already told you this but....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  I am SO happy for you!!!!! 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So exciting - congrats!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageZoeMay06:

You are going to LOVE living in WG, I miss it so much.  Sounds like you and I would have been neighbors - I lived really close to River Glen at my mom's house. 

• Congratulations!
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • This is so exciting! Congrats!!
  • Congratulations! Very exciting news!
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"