January 2011 Moms
Options

Thursday QOTD

I know I should really post these in the mornings rather than at night so that people can actually answer them on the day that I post them. but these past few days have been pretty crazy and so I really haven't had time to post much during the day. Happy to see that people are responding though so I will try to keep it up.

today's question--what baby product do you have that others rave about but you don't really love or see what all the hype is about?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thursday QOTD

• Options
    For me it is the Aden & Anais swaddling blankets. Since they are so thin, DD breaks out of them really easily if I use them to swaddle. They are cute and so I use then for other stuff, but I don't think I would buy them again. I think they are too pricey for what they are.
  • Options
    bethylabethyla member
    Funny!  I was going to say those blankets before I saw your answer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Moby wrap. Used it twice for like 10 minutes. Both LO and I hated it.
  • Options

This is going to be a huge UO, but for me it's the Apple Tree drooly bibs. It is nice that they don't soak through to LO's clothes like other bibs do, but they don't seem to soak much at all. I usually use DD's bib to wipe her face, but with these it just smudges the drool/milk/spit up around instead of absorbing it. I wish the top layer would be terry cloth instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mchupiemchupie member

Onesies.  I hate putting anything over her 94th percentile mega-noggin.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    For us it's diaper caddies (I think that's what they're called... the things that hang in the closet or on the wall and hold and hide diapers). But, that's probably just because DD's dresser has built in room. DH also said the Bumbo... but I like it, so I vetoed. :)
    Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
  • Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

This is going to be a huge UO, but for me it's the Apple Tree drooly bibs. It is nice that they don't soak through to LO's clothes like other bibs do, but they don't seem to soak much at all. I usually use DD's bib to wipe her face, but with these it just smudges the drool/milk/spit up around instead of absorbing it. I wish the top layer would be terry cloth instead.

You're kidding! I just bought these yesterday b/c the 3-6 month board RAVED about them. Bummer.
  • Options
    The Bumbo. I bought it, tried it, and returned it that same day. 
  • Options

imageMrsLynnyD:
    You're kidding! I just bought these yesterday b/c the 3-6 month board RAVED about them. Bummer.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that isn't crazy about them. I mean, they're definitely the cutest out there and I certainly use the 3 I have, I just don't plan on dropping another $20 for 3 more anytime soon.

• Options
    RHitchRHitch member

Zip up sleepers.  I prefer the ones with snaps because I would rather expose DS's legs at night rather than his entire body.  Once I unzip his sleeper to change his diaper, he immediately wakes up.

Britax carseats.  I just don't see the benefit of paying almost $300 for a carseat when I can get a good one with a high safety rating for 1/3 of the price.

• Options

Regular bouncy seats. We have a Mamaroo that she likes, she chills there and then falls asleep. However, she hates the FP Rainforest bouncy seat at her babysitter's place.

And I hear you on the A+A Blankets, we have their sleeping sacks and it makes me wonder how something so thin can provide any sort of warm for a baby. Our room temperature is cooler bc that's what recommended.

• Options
    The Boppy Pillow. I've used it maybe twice to lay LO in, and he arches his back and tries to get out. I never used it for nursing because the pillows we already had were more comfortable.
  • Options
    Teething toys. He'll munch on Sophie when he realizes she's there, but everything else he really isn't interested in. Would much rather eat his fingers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"