New to The Bump
Options

New to The Bump

Hello everyone! I am new to The Bump and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Crystal. My husband and I have been actively TTC for about 8 months (although not-not trying for about 4 years, if that makes sense). We are in the midst of fertility tests (mine complete and diagnosed with PCOS, his scheduled for next week) and will be starting Clomid if his tests come back normal!

For those of you who have used Clomid, how long did it take for you to get pregnant, if at all? I know the limit is 6 months and was just curious what everyone else's experience has been.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and wish everyone the best of luck in your pregnancies and motherhood!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to The Bump

• Options

Welcome. Sorry you're having a hard time.

Have you had an HSG? I'd recommend a comlete workup before starting anything. Unfortunately a lot of drs just give out Clomid and don't try and get to the root of the problem. And please be monitored. There are side effects that need to be caught early for best results.

Most drs won't prescribe more than 6 cycles of Clomid. If they don't see a response early on, they may go with either higher Clomid doses or straight to injectibles.

I got pregnant (ectopic) my second round of Clomid. I saw an RE who did 2 more cycles of it, but I didn't respond very well. In the meantime I'd had 2 m/c's from pregnancies without treatment and after a couple of years looked to other options.

GL

• Options

Thank you for the information! We have done a few different tests but have not done HSG. My doctor discussed the HSG with me but said that based on my history he did not feel it was necessary. Maybe this is something I should discuss with him further in depth as to why he feels it is not necessary for me.

Thank you again for your response. It is nice to hear from actual people about their experiences in addition to having the doctor's information.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have also read that higher fertility has been found following an HSG but the reason is unknown. My MIL actually had been trying to get pregnant with my husband for almost two years before they started to test infertility. She became pregnant a couple months after the HSG. I wonder if this is just a coincidence or if something is actually happening during the test to cause this....
  • Options

imagewcvsb3b5:
    I have also read that higher fertility has been found following an HSG but the reason is unknown. My MIL actually had been trying to get pregnant with my husband for almost two years before they started to test infertility. She became pregnant a couple months after the HSG. I wonder if this is just a coincidence or if something is actually happening during the test to cause this....

Yes. They shoot dye through your Fallopian tubes. Some people have narrowings or minor blockages that are "cleaned out" by the procedure.

• Options

Welcome to the bump! 

Please make sure you are being monitored if you do decide to take Clomid.  There are a few links in my siggy which can help you learn a little more about the various testing, medications & typical procedures in the New to 3T link.  You will also find some experiences from ladies who were not being properly monitored while taking Clomid; these are not to scare you, but to educate you on what your OB may not be telling you. 

Dr Loretta was right, before you take any drugs you should make sure that you get an HSG & YH has an SA done.  You want to make sure that you have the best opportunity for the medicated cycles to be successful. 

GL!

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options

Thank you so much for your reply! I can tell this is going to be a great place to be throughout the process of getting pregnant and throughout pregnancy. Thanks for pointing me to your links too! They are very helpful!

ETA: DH is going for SA next week. I will talk to the dr then about an HSG. And if DH and I end up making the decision for Clomid I will definitely insist on being monitored.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"