D.C. Area Babies
Options

Playgrounds with kids in Alexandria/Arlington/FC?

I'm looking for a playground to take my daughter to (she's 2 1/2) that has other kids around she can play with. We have a neighborhood playground but there are never any other kids there, and she keeps asking me when she can play with other kids. I don't want to do anything as structured as a class at the moment, I don't think, just a playground that we can visit from time to time. Any suggestions?

Re: Playgrounds with kids in Alexandria/Arlington/FC?

• Options

Clemyjontri is my son's favorite park

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/clemyjontri/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A mom's group I am in met at Burke Lake Park today and there were a good amount of other non-affiliated moms there. Also, the playground at Frying Pan Park.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options

Our favorites are:

Clemyjontri Park

'The Pit Park' in Beverley Hills neighborhood of Alexandria

Also, Arlington has several spraygrounds if you look on the county website for parks and rec...they are awesome in this hot weather!! 

• Options

We live in Arlington and go to the parks frequently.  A few of our favorites that usually have lots of kids:

Hayes Park-spraypark feature turns on after Memorial Day.  It's got lots of shady areas too.

Bluemont Park-they just remodeled the park and it's a great shady park for toddlers.  Lots of kids every time we've been there.

Clemenjoyntri-it can get really hot and there's not much shade, but aside from that it's great.

Lacey Woods Park-usually has at least a few kids there and is partially shaded. 

• Options

Hi there! :-)

I live in the Bluemont neighborhood, so Bluemont park is a favorite of ours. Like the pp said, it was just completely remodeled last year and there is usually a good crowd of kids there. 

Another great park nearby is the Dominion Hills park. It's on the other side of Wilson Blvd, but it was recently overhauled as well and it's one of my son's favorites.

And ditto pp on Lacy Woods park, I love that it is very shady and there are usually lots of kids there.

• Options

The playground at Lee District Rec usually has a ton of kids. The best part: in the summer they have a massive canvas tent that covers the play structures, so they are completely in the shade and aren't hot to the touch. Plus they just opened the free splash park!

snowbaby-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagescooter25:

The playground at Lee District Rec usually has a ton of kids. The best part: in the summer they have a massive canvas tent that covers the play structures, so they are completely in the shade and aren't hot to the touch. Plus they just opened the free splash park!

oooh, that's great to know...we just went to a birthday party there and I really liked it :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"