North Carolina Babies

NBR: Fandango

So tell me how Fandango works.. There was a Groupon yesterday for $4 movie tickets from Fandango. DH and I plan to go see Hangover II on our date night next weekend, so I snagged two.

I guess I should have looked first, because when I went to check out the tickets that were available, the only showings at any theater remotely close to us (Cary, Apex, Morrisville and Raleigh) were only for showings after 10:00pm. And it wasn't just for this movie (since it's just opening this weekend). I'm too old to swing a 10:00 movie. :-)

Is this how Fandango typically works, or are things just sold out because of this Groupon? I didn't plan to purchase them until next week anyway, will new times maybe be added by then? I was pretty bummed and felt like I wasted my $8. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: NBR: Fandango

• Usually Fandango will show all open movie times, so it must sold out this weekend.  I would check back in a couple days or change the date on Fandango and see if it will tell you more times. 
  • I used it a few weeks ago and I could pick any movie/time slot with no issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never used Fandango but I'm wondering if because u are trying to search for next weekend's times that maybe since the times are posted for next weekend yet that it shows up like that. just a thought.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It's not a Fandango thing, the times must be sold out. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageakspriss:
    I've never used Fandango but I'm wondering if because u are trying to search for next weekend's times that maybe since the times are posted for next weekend yet that it shows up like that. just a thought.

This. I had to wait until Thursday of that week to get Saturday times. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ok, good to know... I wasn't searching for a specific time, or even a specific movie. I just searched by zip code, and it brought up all the listings at the local theaters. And the only available times (the ones in red) were the after 10pm ones for just a few movies..

I'll check back next week and hope for better luck. Thanks!

• You know what, maybe it was searching for times for yesterday, and since I was doing it at like 9:00 pm, it was showing just the 10:00 or later ones. Duh. I bet that's what happened.

ETA: Yep, just checked again, and they're all available now. I'm smart! Geeked

• Where did you find this groupon?  I've purchased one through living social and another one through groupon a while ago, but didn't know there was a new one out. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• I got it yesterday. It looks like it was an "exclusive, by invite only" offer. Not sure what that means, or why I got it, but I take it that it wasn't the main Groupon for yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"